UKC

BMC Peak Area Local Meeting - this Friday at a new venue

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Reeve 01 Nov 2023

Hi everyone,

It's the Peak local area meeting this Friday the 3rd of November at 7pm, held at the Sir William in Grindleford (but feel free to come for a drink and hang out before hand)

Please note the change of venue from our usual! This is following the BMC reducing funding for local area meetings, around which the Sir William have been very accommodating. It has only just occurred to me that I haven't received an email from the office telling me about the meeting, so if this is the case for others, then I'd really appreciate it if you could pass this information onto any regular attendees who may not be aware of it... If you aren't a regular attendee - come on down! It's open to members and non-members, and is where you'll get to hear the latest local area news and discuss any hot area topics.

This time it is the local AGM - so you get to cast your vote - all the usual updates, and we'll finish with the customary quiz: a chance to test your most esoteric knowledge of all things Peak District.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

johncook 02 Nov 2023
In reply to Andy Reeve:

I have not received an e-mail, so it appears that the BMC communications channels are not improving, even for simple matters, despite all the promises!

Offwidth 02 Nov 2023
In reply to johncook:

Just a reminder to everyone it's the annual quiz as well. I presume some of us will be turning up early for a pre meeting chat, as usual.

PaulJepson 02 Nov 2023
In reply to johncook:

It's been arranged by volunteers unofficially and on a self-funded basis. Maybe don't go too hard on them as it's not something they had to do.  

Offwidth 02 Nov 2023
In reply to PaulJepson:

The email John refers to normally comes from the BMC office.... I don't know what has gone wrong... but even when it was working for most, some still didn't get it. It's part of why I strongly favour allowing local email lists (under GDPR so members can unsubscribe every year) just to post meeting invites, minutes and newsletters. Plus in the Peak, we have quite a few non members: a few doing voluntary access work, a few newbies turning up to see what the meetings are all about and lots of long-standing non-member local stakeholders/partner reps who used to be on our mailing lists.

Post edited at 12:26
 TobyA 02 Nov 2023
In reply to Offwidth:

I got the email reminder today at 15.02. Maybe some one saw this thread and pushed the send button!

OP Andy Reeve 02 Nov 2023
In reply to johncook:

> I have not received an e-mail, so it appears that the BMC communications channels are not improving, even for simple matters, despite all the promises!

As Toby says, it should have gone out to everyone in the list by now.

To be fair, the office responded straight away when I got in touch (someone even replying to my emails on their day off!) It had been set to send automatically last week but hadn't worked. Hey ho, it happens. As much as the BMC has some big problems right now, I don't think that this is evidence of systemically poor communication. 

johncook 04 Nov 2023
In reply to Andy Reeve:

A good meeting. Well worth the effort of an in person attendance.

TobyA 04 Nov 2023
In reply to Nick Brown - UKC:

Andy asked me to post from the meeting last night to apologize for them not being able to get the zoom to work because the internet connection was rather shonky. I tried but it failed to post numerous times because the wireless in the pub didn't work for me either and at least on O2, I couldn't get a mobile internet connection either.

So apologies now to anyone who was trying to join online for not being able to pass on the apologies last evening!

spenser 04 Nov 2023
In reply to TobyA:

Other than the WiFi issue I think the Sir William worked really well as a venue.

WiFi for Zoom absolutely does need sorting though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...