UKC

Cressbrook Dale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 johncook 16 Dec 2023

Apparently the PDNP have enforced their notice and started the removal of the illegal works undertaken in Cressbrook Dale. I didn't believe the PDNP had the nerve or the teeth. Happy to be proved wrong.

Hopefully this will be an end to the sorry saga!

spenser 16 Dec 2023
In reply to johncook:

Hopefully followed by that matting on Midhope Moor!

OP johncook 16 Dec 2023
In reply to johncook:

They have also stopped illegal quarrying just south of Calver I am told. When I find information on this I will post on another thread.

It is good to see the PDNP finally finding some teeth and reacting to illegal situations. Hopefully, as stated, they will get the matting on Midhope Moor sorted out just as quickly.

Sam Beaton 16 Dec 2023
In reply to spenser:

I didn't realise that was still rumbling on. Has the landowner been ordered to remove it?

Sam Beaton 16 Dec 2023
In reply to Arms Cliff:

Thanks, but it's the matting on the moors I was asking about

spenser 16 Dec 2023
In reply to Sam Beaton:

Henry Folkard at the last Peak Area Meeting said that it had all been through the legal process and the landowner instructed to remove it, but no action had been taken for 3 months, hopefully the PDNP properly attribute the costs as tax payers should not be paying anything towards the removal of the matting.

OP johncook 17 Dec 2023
In reply to cwarby:

That's the one!

Sam Beaton 17 Dec 2023
In reply to spenser:

Ta, good to hear

Lankyman 17 Dec 2023
In reply to spenser:

> Hopefully followed by that matting on Midhope Moor!

As a non-local could you please explain what this matting on the moor business is?

In reply to johncook:

From what I remember... owner had put down miles of wide plastic matting to 'facilitate access'... to act as a cheap road/path for shooting parties. Proportedly temporary but been their for years so much that nature had started to grow through it meaning removal will be a bugger.

That's my understanding 

deepsoup 17 Dec 2023
In reply to Lankyman:

Here's a bit of old news about that plastic matting:
https://www.cprepdsy.org.uk/news/1/

The photo there is cropped a bit too tightly I think - this version gives you a better idea of it:

Lankyman 17 Dec 2023
In reply to deepsoup:

Thanks. Sounds like the mat layer is trying it on?

cragtyke 17 Dec 2023
In reply to deepsoup:

Thanks for that link I wasn't aware of that, or the plans, in the item following it, for Severn Trent Water to build new reservoirs in the upper Derwent valley. Thankfully dropped for the time being.

fred99 17 Dec 2023
In reply to cragtyke:

If in that area they're anything like around where I live, they might better spend their time (and our money) eliminating the leaks that allow so much water to p1$$ out in the first place.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...