UKC

Bojack Horseman

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 planetmarshall 25 Sep 2018

I know I go on and on about this show, but while the rest of the nation is having a collective wank over "Bodyguard", watch "Free Churro" from Season 5 on Netflix for an object lesson on how to put together 25 minutes of perfect television.

Offwidth 25 Sep 2018
In reply to planetmarshall:

I found The Bodyguard enjoyable enough nonsense but great TV it is not. It's a huge distance  from any sense of realism (it has so many very unlikely actions and scenarios such that if anything like it happened for real I would know I was dreaming or hallucinating).

I don't have Netflix so if anyone notices BH ever turns up on the non subscription channels, a heads up would be nice. People I know also recommend it highly.

nathan79 25 Sep 2018

I gave Bojack Horseman a shot, didn't enjoy it. Same with the often lauded Rick and Morty. I have nothing to kill time with while I await the next season of Archer. 

Robert Durran 25 Sep 2018

> I know I go on and on about this show........

I watched an excerpt you linked to on FB. Left me completely cold I'm afraid.......

In reply to nathan79:

> I gave Bojack Horseman a shot, didn't enjoy it. Same with the often lauded Rick and Morty. I have nothing to kill time with while I await the next season of Archer. 

How’s Archer going for you now? I’ve watched and rewatched the brilliant earlier series, usually while hangboarding. However, since they left the original format behind and went time travelling, I can’t help think they jumped the shark?

Removed User 26 Sep 2018

>  watch "Free Churro" from Season 5 on Netflix for an object lesson on how to put together 25 minutes of perfect television.

Agreed, a quality episode.

I think Bojack needs a little bit of dedication to get into. It's often quite subtle and builds up the quality over time. And it's also pretty bleak/dark in places, which I think adds to the depth.

Plus you need to not worry about his being a horse.

nathan79 26 Sep 2018
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

I delighted to discover season 9 on Netflix. Don't know how I didn't know that was out. 

Yeah I'm getting a bit tired of this current format, still enjoyable but I miss the old ISIS nonsense.

greg_may_ 26 Sep 2018

It's pure genius. 

wintertree 26 Sep 2018

Try as I might I can’t get into Bojack - such are the ravings of my normally like minded associates I gave it a good shot.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed “Final Space” on Netflix - it’s never hitting quite as high as the highs on Rick and Morty, but it hits consistently high and has none of the pap filler that plagues R&M.

nufkin 27 Sep 2018

>  I can’t help think they jumped the shark?

Not sure about full shark-jumping, but I think having to introduce the new setting and variations on the characters each time has slightly detracted from the best episodes where things go wrong and everyone ends up under pressure/in a confined space and bickering delightfully

ThunderCat 27 Sep 2018
In reply to nathan79:

> I gave Bojack Horseman a shot, didn't enjoy it. Same with the often lauded Rick and Morty. I have nothing to kill time with while I await the next season of Archer. 

Loved Rick and Morty. Wanted to love bojack horseman but couldn't get into it. I also tried archer at the recommendation of a mate,  but just couldn't get it. Garrrrrrr 

nufkin 27 Sep 2018
In reply to ThunderCat:

> I also tried Archer at the recommendation of a mate,  but just couldn't get it.

The world would be a bleak place if one denied oneself a guilty giggle at '...sorry I tried to spit-roast your mom' 

ThunderCat 27 Sep 2018
In reply to wintertree:

Ok.bored. I'm going to try final space now... 

nathan79 28 Sep 2018
In reply to ThunderCat:

I've downloaded a few episodes for strain journey tomorrow.

wintertree 28 Sep 2018

> How’s Archer going for you now? I’ve watched and rewatched the brilliant earlier series, usually while hangboarding. However, since they left the original format behind and went time travelling, I can’t help think they jumped the shark?

I don’t think they’ve jumped the shark, but I do think they were holding on to tight and lost the edge.

I thought it was brilliant up to and including the series where Cheryl went ‘outlaw country’ which was great. I’ve got hangboards setup opposite a flatscreen telly, and Archer has been on regular rotation. Maybe I’ll revisit the later series.

SuperLee1985 28 Sep 2018

I tried a few episodes of Bojack but didn't get it (maybe I should give it another try), similarly I never got all the fuss about Rick and Morty, felt it was pretty underwhelming. I did enjoy final space though. 

I really didn't enjoy the last 2 series of archer, the most recent was the worst so far. It's definitely lost something, I wouldn't waste your time watching the most recent series.

Not animated, but one show on Netflix that has been consistently good for 12+ seasons now is 'Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia' I'm always looking forward to the next season.

Post edited at 10:57
 Kimono 28 Sep 2018

I totally love BH but can understand that not everyone might get it. 
Rick & Morty is however a deal-breaker in terms of making friends/partners etc

F is for Family is another animated series that I have a lot of love for

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...