UKC

Celebrity Masterchef and Chefs in General

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Its that time of year again where we see a load of professionals take to the kitchen and impress the judges with their culinary wonders. I really enjoy masterchef but especially the professionals because they have the skills to take things to the next level.

What I have noticed this series though, and its really off putting, is the amount of sweat that these chefs are releasing. They then wipe their heads with their hands or sleeves and then start to plate up the food with their fingers. I can appreciate that its hot in there and they are rushing about but last night I even noticed one guy have a huge amount of sweat dripping from his forehead, down his nose and then drip off on to the food.

Do we think that they clean themselves up before they start to plate which is then edited out or do they really release that amount of sweat from themselves into the grub? Is it like this in all kitchens?

Perhaps I'm missing something here and its part of the seasoning.

Edit: Matt is looking like a cool cat and a likely winner.
Post edited at 08:53
 AP Melbourne 02 Dec 2017
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

It all pales into insignificance compared to the original Japanese Iron Chef though, no?
andymac 02 Dec 2017
There was a sweaty chef the other night who served up raw lamb.

I thought at the time that the plate of food was getting its share of perspiration seasoning.

Some of the chefs have had shockers.

Although ,stress has a lot to answer for.
Post edited at 22:22
Removed User 02 Dec 2017

If you've ever worked in a kitchen you'd know it's the sweat on your balls that's the main concern. The rest is just seasoning.
 aln 03 Dec 2017

All they need is a cloth or a hanky or something, use it to wipe the sweat. Seems really obvious
Moley 03 Dec 2017

Matt is impressing, think is is a "private chef" to someone and I wish we knew who, pop star, oligarch? Each round he goes through I envisage him adding another £xx to when he goes back and asks for a pay rise!

My wife has the hots for him, not sure she notices what he's cooking, but my missus is over 65 so I don't think she will get a look in and I certainly can't afford to employ him.
Removed User 05 Dec 2017

What really gets me is all the metal utensils clanging around in non-stick pans, They must go through a set of pans a show.
Moley 05 Dec 2017
In reply to Removed User:

I wonder if the pots, pans, knives are sponsored from a supplier, sort of placement advertising? Do the chef's bring their own knives I wonder?
I haven't noticed any brand names or labels on show but not been looking, be good advertising for any company.
 Simon Caldwell 05 Dec 2017
In reply to Moley:

It's the BBC - they still cover up brand names on jars using sticky tape!
 felt 05 Dec 2017
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Yes, but you can tell just by the colour that lots of stuff is Waitrose (or at least it was; sadly, haven't watched it since getting Netflix...).
Removed User 05 Dec 2017
In reply to felt:

Honestly it's fecking shite. I don't know why I get sucked in. Format overhaul required for sure.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...