UKC

Scoop

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Iamgregp 11 Apr 2024

Anyone else watched scoop on Netflix?

I watched it earlier this week and thought was pretty good - the actor who played Andrew had the expressions and mannerisms of Andrew absolutely spot on, though his voice isn't the same, but I'll forgive that - he's an actor, not an impersonator!

As ever (and let's not get in to the did he didn't he debate again, that's been done to death here) the true star of the show were statements made by Andrew himself (ordinary shooting party, there's a problem with that, it was just a convenient place to stay) and that's saying something as I though Gillian Anderson and Billie Piper were also excellent.  

Worth a watch if you fancy reliving what was surely one of the biggest TV moments of recent times.

Robert Durran 11 Apr 2024
In reply to Iamgregp:

Is it worth watching if one has already seen the actual interview and the excellent documentary about it? Much added?

OP Iamgregp 11 Apr 2024
In reply to Robert Durran:

Don't know as I don't think I've seen the docco.

Clwyd Chris 11 Apr 2024
In reply to Iamgregp:

I watched it and really enjoyed it, never saw the original interview only heard about it. To me it just showed how out of touch the Royal Family and Buckenham palace really are, they had so many chances to stop it being aired, why on Gods earth did they think people were going to buy those ridiculous excuses he came up with 

birdie num num 11 Apr 2024
In reply to Iamgregp:

It's a bit dreary don't you think...watching a dramatisation of such a recent event?

Granted, the interview was toe curling, but I guess there must be an appetite for this sort of stuff. I can't comment on Scoop because I doubt I'll watch it.

I prefer Gillian Anderson as Lady Dedlock.

OP Iamgregp 11 Apr 2024
In reply to Clwyd Chris:

Yeah absolutely. I’ve heard Andrew is rather arrogant so he probably backed himself to pull it off at the time. 

Apparently after the interview (and they briefly showed him suggesting it) he gave the crew a tour of the palace, he was happy and confident he’d made a good account of himself.

My take away from it, and I must admit, I’d rather forgotten this, was that they gave him the opportunity to apologise, atone, show a shred of remorse without admitting anything and he didn’t take them. 

OP Iamgregp 11 Apr 2024
In reply to birdie num num:

I get your point, but I’m not sure dreary would be the word.

Mawkish maybe?  Sad? I dunno… I enjoyed it though!

birdie num num 11 Apr 2024
In reply to Iamgregp:

Posh Coronation Street?

OP Iamgregp 13 Apr 2024
In reply to birdie num num:

Quality Street?

Babika 15 Apr 2024
In reply to Robert Durran:

> Is it worth watching if one has already seen the actual interview and the excellent documentary about it? Much added?

Scoop is really through the eyes of the BBC journalist played by Billie Piper, everyone else is supporting cast.

If it's to be believed the fabulous interview that gave us so much entertainment might never have happened without her tenacity and some delays in the BBC job cuts. I quite liked seeing it from this angle. 

Pedro50 16 Apr 2024
In reply to Iamgregp:

Apparently Andrew said "I thought that went well" and Emily replied "yes like a walk in the park" I will be watching, always liked Rufus Sewell (and Gillian Anderson)

OP Iamgregp 16 Apr 2024
In reply to Pedro50:

Don’t know Rufus Sewell very well.  Gillian Anderson is always excellent. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...