UKC

Barcelona Car Hire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 snoop6060 25 Jan 2018

HI,

Any recommendations?

Cheap but it has to be one that does not play tricks. Full to full fuel, no insurance extras (already insured). No general messing about. Usual Spanish apathy towards bringing back a dirty car. Basically like malagacarhire but in Barcelona .

Or just a list of companies to avoid like the plague!

Cheers, Si

Post edited at 15:30
 marsbar 25 Jan 2018
In reply to snoop6060:

Avis were ok in Barcelona itself.  They managed to organise us a week one way from Barcelona City to Girona airport.  

Its a long time ago, I can’t remember the details about fuel and price.  No tricks as far as I remember and the staff at Girona dropped us off right at departures with all our suitcases, they wouldn’t let us get a bus or walk which was kind of them.  

OP snoop6060 25 Jan 2018
In reply to marsbar:

Might have been avis we used last time but I really cannot remember. Might just go with them. 

Alex@home 25 Jan 2018
In reply to snoop6060:

I've used Centauro at Malaga a few times and had no issues. Just booked with them at Barcelona so hopefully it will be just as good. You have to get a shuttle bus to their site and they now seem to do a mixture of full to full and other options for fuel so check that when booking. Car I've booked is a Focus estate for 8 days for £128 

Dan Arkle 25 Jan 2018
In reply to snoop6060:

Firefly were good for me at Barcelona.

It cost less than a Euro a day, and no hassles.

OP snoop6060 25 Jan 2018
In reply to Dan Arkle:

When you say no hassles, did the total cost actually end up being a that low? Sounds crazy that. 

Dan Arkle 25 Jan 2018
In reply to snoop6060:

Yes, less than a Euro a day, all in.

We couldn't work out the economics of it - presumably they have to rent them out or they would have to pay to park them somewhere.

I presume you know to get your own annual insurance for £40

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...