UKC

Best easy sport near Pembroke

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ewanjp 15 Aug 2020

Hi all - is there any easy sport near Pembroke? Tried looking on the crag map but it's a bit of a slog as any crag with one sport route on it will appear.

By easy I mean the wife is pregnant so is after easy stuff that she can top rope - under 6a - without a big ab in. We were off to France, but not anymore! We've got a campsite above the range danger area directly south of Pembroke. We'll have a car so can travel a bit.

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 15 Aug 2020
In reply to ewanjp:

I'm pretty there isn't any sport climbing in Pembroke - you are camped in Trad Central. There is some over the border in Camarthen - but not much easy stuff. The Gower and South Wales Valleys would be your best bet - but that is a couple of hours drive away,

Chris

GrahamD 15 Aug 2020
In reply to ewanjp:

If your wife wants to top rope, is a sport route particularly necessary ?

Anoetic 15 Aug 2020
In reply to ewanjp:

Hi

you can try Pendine or Morfa bychan

gethin_allen 16 Aug 2020
In reply to Anoetic:

"you can try Pendine or Morfa bychan"

I'd second this, although the last i heard the lane down to Morfa bychan is no longer accessible by car so access i less simple.

OP ewanjp 17 Aug 2020
In reply to ewanjp:

Looks like it may need to be trad! Has anyone got any recommendations for non-tidal, non-ab in, easy trad (upto Severe say) - we'll have a car, don't mind driving for an hour or so. Ideally on the rockfax app!

Wil Treasure 17 Aug 2020
In reply to ewanjp:

Saddle Head is the classic venue for low grades on the south coast. Most of the routes start from a non-tidal platform, it's possible to scramble down to it. Stennis Head is nearby and also has a short scramble down to the routes, which start at VS.

OP ewanjp 17 Aug 2020
In reply to Wil Treasure:

Super thanks!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...