UKC

Canada - Ontario / Quebec

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ChrisLewis 25 May 2019

Off to Canada for a couple of weeks in late June/early July for non-climbing reasons, but wondered if it might be worth taking some gear...

Anyone got any experience of tapping into the scene around Toronto / Montreal?
I won't be travelling with a partner.

Grateful for any advice / insights. Cheers!

(Yes, obviously it would be better on the west coast - unfortunately I'm out there for other reasons!)

Post edited at 15:02
Removed User 25 May 2019
In reply to ChrisLewis:

There's 500km between Toronto and Montreal so a lot of ground to cover. I want to say that I think most people would drop down into the US and go to the Adirondacks but there might be the odd local crag or climbing gym (as they are called). 

Jack_Lewin 26 May 2019
In reply to ChrisLewis:

I live just outside Hamilton. These guys are pretty active if you are looking for partners.

https://www.ontarioclimbing.com/

Couple of good climbing walls down this way. 

I have only been here since January and haven’t ventured out to the crags yet but there is a little bit to go at in the area.

yodadave 26 May 2019
In reply to ChrisLewis:

Rattlesnake Point

Lion's Head

Mazinaw (Bon Echo) Rock

And of course the mighty Joe Rockheads climbing gym in T.

I think Montreal has a strong gym scene too.

Definitely hit up the Ontario climbers page, local knowledge will be key

Graham 28 May 2019
In reply to ChrisLewis:

Gym scene!?! 

Montreal is a f*cking awesome city.  City wise and climbing wise. Check out Val David. nice granite trad.  The Laurentians have tonnes of great granite crags. Some limestone sport climbing, too. I'm jealous! Go climbing outside!   

OP ChrisLewis 30 May 2019

That's super helpful - thanks all! I'll tap into that Ontario Climbing forum, looks ideal.

Aware of the distance between the two places, I'm flying into Toronto (family) and out of Montreal (jazz festival).

In reply to Graham:

Fantastic! Any suggestions on how to get in touch with folk in Montreal? My Franglais is borderline acceptable...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...