UKC

Cheap room in Mastichari (en route to Kalymnos)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 beth_may 24 Mar 2013
Hi
We're flying to Kos on Wednesday, and will hopefully just about make the last ferry to Kalymnos. However, if we miss it, we're looking for a super cheap hotel or hostel near the ferry in Mastichari for the night.
Does anyone have any recommendations? We're 2 unfussy students used to slumming it, so the cheaper the better.

Cheers
 Si Witcher 24 Mar 2013
In reply to beth_may:

Just get a taxi straight to the dock at Mastichari, and if they haven't held the last ferry for passengers from the last flight in, ask for cheap rooms at one of the nearest sea-front restaurants - there's plenty of choice, at low prices. I can't remember which I've used previously, but they've been fine.
OP beth_may 24 Mar 2013
In reply to switch:

Thanks
 robandian 24 Mar 2013
In reply to beth_may: Sit in the bar and when you have had enough to drink walk round the corner onto the beach and lay down on a sun lounger. Soon be sunrise and the 1st ferry -its what lots of people do.
 A montero 26 Mar 2013
In reply to beth_may: The late Ferrie has been cancelled!! anyone want to charter boat share? need a repsonse asap.

the more people the cheaper it is. We have a group of 8 so far.

thanks

Angela
 womblesi 26 Mar 2013
In reply to A montero: Hi Angela,

We are on the Gatwick flight tomorrow. How did you find out the late ferry was cancelled?

Simon
 SonyaD 26 Mar 2013
In reply to A montero: Since when was the late ferry cancelled? The fast ferry company has a new website (in Greek but it's easy to work out!) and they still say the last ferry is at 7.45pm up until the 31st March at least.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 26 Mar 2013
In reply to womblesi:
> (In reply to A montero) Hi Angela,
>
> We are on the Gatwick flight tomorrow. How did you find out the late ferry was cancelled?
>
> Simon

As I said on one of the other Kaly threads, according to the timetables on Aris's site, in March the last ferry leaves Mastichari at 19:45 Mon > Sat and 20:15 on Sunday.

Chris
 SonyaD 26 Mar 2013
In reply to A montero: The Port authority also says the last ferry is at 7.45pm on Wed 27th March (i.e. tomorrow, the day my daughter goes.)

If you have called the number +30 22420 26594 then remember you need to press instructions for the port of Mastichari and not the port of Kos which has it's latest boat leaving much earlier.
 womblesi 26 Mar 2013
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Hi Chris,

I have been looking at the same info as yourself that's why I would like to try and get some clarity in relation to the late ferry being cancelled.

Thanks for the advice though.

Simon
 SonyaD 26 Mar 2013
In reply to beth_may: My daugher's flight doesn't get into Kos until 6.25 pm and she's been told by someone who's been before that she'll make the last ferry no problem and also been told by someone picking her up from ferry in Kaly that it's 100% certain that she won't miss it.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 26 Mar 2013
In reply to womblesi:
> (In reply to Chris Craggs)
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> I have been looking at the same info as yourself that's why I would like to try and get some clarity in relation to the late ferry being cancelled.
>
> Thanks for the advice though.
>
> Simon

It hasn't been cancelled, they are running the winter timetable at the mo.

Chris
OP beth_may 26 Mar 2013
In reply to Sonya Mc:
Okay, super that's our flight too

Thanks to everyone for clearing that up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...