UKC

climbing destinations for a solo traveller with out a car (in Europe)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 justdoit 30 Sep 2021

hi just having some thoughts on a bit of travelling over the winter (if restrictions are not too much hassle) in Europe. 

but... ill most probably be travelling alone and with out a car, but would like to get some climbing done.

could anyone recommend any good areas that are easily accessible with out the use of my own car, and a good likelihood that I could find partners to climb with ?

thanks  

james1978 30 Sep 2021
In reply to justdoit:

Dumbarton is a safe bet! A good cafe not far from the train station also. 😉

mike123 30 Sep 2021
In reply to james1978:

> Dumbarton is a safe bet! A good cafe not far from the train station also.

This made me chuckle . 

to OP:  kalymnos or el chorro . Kalymnos : just stay in massori and post on here for partners , el chorro : stay at the olive branch and you will find partners there . Maybe do both ? Kalymnos first as it get a bit cold and windy come mid November  . 

tjekel 01 Oct 2021
In reply to justdoit:

Siurana campsite... 

racodemisa 01 Oct 2021
In reply to justdoit:

I second Siurana campsite  .I have also stayed in margalef for long stints this can be very good but it' can be hit and miss certainly post October.The olive branch in el chorro  l have heard is an excellent hub.For Siurana you can get there by bus from Reus (leaves for cornudella de montsant x3 times a day) I've normally caught the 6pm one then a taxi up to Siurana ( €15 ?).They have rooms a dormitory and tent placements (€20..€15..€8 ppn).

Post edited at 08:33
 clipstick 01 Oct 2021
In reply to justdoit:

Geyikbayiri in Turkey is a good bet if you want to fly. Plus it's outside of the Schengen so can do 3 months in Spain then fly across for the rest of the winter to Turkey. Once you're at the campsite you're pretty much set, all the crags are walkable and the community is pretty fun - you'll have absolutely no issue getting partners to climb with. Lots of solo travellers at Josito and the other campsites. If you need to get into two (about a 20 min car ride) there are enough people who've rented to be able to hitch a lift. Or there's a bus. 

Post edited at 10:23

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...