UKC

Climbing Hostel Recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 henry james 14 Feb 2023

Wanted: Climbing hostel recommendations

I'm looking to do a solo climbing trip somewhere in Europe or Northern Africa, so I'm after some ideas on where I can easily find a good climbing community i.e. a climbing hostel or refuge where I'm likely to find a partner for a one week trip. 

Climbing wise, I'd prefer a sport climbing destination catering for the low/mid f7 climber, but I'm open to suggestions. Ideas at the moment are Kalandraka in Spain, Geyikbayi in Turkey; not so sure about the Olive Branch. Or maybe something in Scandinavia come summer time. 

Any suggestions? One the best climbing trips I've done was a few years back in Refugio Frey, Argentina....

Edit: Ideally travelling in March 

Post edited at 13:52
 joeramsay 14 Feb 2023
In reply to henry james:

Would help to know time of year? I had a brilliant time at El Altico in Chulilla a couple of years ago - great scene for meeting partners (though I have heard from others it can be quiet, so maybe I just got really lucky)

Godwin 14 Feb 2023
In reply to henry james:

It could be worth checking out the Eco Refugio at Abella de la conca, in Catalunya, and March is good time to go.

Possibly as a solo traveller it maybe worth going on one of the courses there, then you would definitely get partners.

OP henry james 14 Feb 2023
In reply to henry james:

Thanks for the suggestions so far......any places outside of Spain?

mutt 14 Feb 2023
In reply to henry james:

www.tizourgane-kasbah.com is a great place to stay if you are climbing in the Jebel El kest in Morocco.

In reply to henry james:

Camp Geyik in Geyikbayiri was lovely and not as loud and busy as Josito where everyone seems to recommend! 

Godwin 15 Feb 2023
In reply to mutt:

> www.tizourgane-kasbah.com is a great place to stay if you are climbing in the Jebel El kest in Morocco.

But I would suggest, just about the worst place to go on a Solo trip.

Martin Bennett 15 Feb 2023
In reply to Godwin:

> But I would suggest, just about the worst place to go on a Solo trip.

Especially for F7 sport.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...