UKC

Corsica Climbing Partner July 13th - 20th

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 markmcgladdery 10 May 2019

I will be in Corsica for the first time on a family holiday, based in Santa Giulia in the south of the island. I will have a hire car and would love to get a half/full day climbing in somewhere as the family are chilling by the pool...

Bavella looks like the place to go from my location - a big multipitch would be ideal, but some single pitch/sport would be great too.

I will likely just have a harness & shoes thrown in, maybe a small rack, but could sneak a few more bits in if necessary...

Very experienced, over 20 years climbing and comfortable leading up to 6b...

Anyone around then, or with any other advice?

Be such a shame to visit & not sample the amazing looking climbing!!

Ta!!

Tom Valentine 10 May 2019
In reply to markmcgladdery:

If you can't get a partner there is substantial bouldering at Punta di capineru, half an hour from where you're staying. (For some reason UKC ers like being photographed on the same problem.)

In reply to Tom Valentine:

Thanks Tom!

Good to know.

Regards, Mark

rholdswo 11 Jun 2019
In reply to markmcgladdery:

Hi Mark,

We're still finalising details but there is a very real chance my wife, baby and I will be in Corsica then and I will be looking for a partner too. Similarly, I've been climbing about 20 years and happy to climb at that grade. I'm massively keen for some multi-pitch and it sounds like there is some amazing stuff. I'd love to get on some trad but realistically, with all the baby kit I've got to take I may struggle to get too much rack in, though between us...

As I say, not certain yet but a very strong possibility.

Cheers,

Richard

In reply to rholdswo:

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply! 

No problems - You can let me know in the next few weeks if you think its a possibility.

Any idea where you might be staying?

We're based in the south of island at Santa Giulia and so Bavella would probably be the main option for me from there, maybe some other wee sport crags down south.  If you think you'll be staying in the north of the island, it might be too awkward for us - i gather the roads and travel can be fun!!!

Look forward to hearing back.

Mark

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...