UKC

Croatia and Bosnia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nick bamber 06 Apr 2018

Hi all

Off to Mostar and Dubrovnik but can't find any decent topos or guides on sport climbing / DWSing / bouldering. 

All help appreciated!!! 

Cheers 

climberchristy 06 Apr 2018
In reply to nick bamber:

This is the guidebook I bought when I sport climbed in Croatia last year. It was fine. 

http://www.climb-europe.com/rockclimbingshop/Croatia-Sports-Climbing-Guideb...

Šljiva 06 Apr 2018
In reply to climberchristy: there’s also climbing in Montenegro which is only a short drive from Dubrovnik. Bosnia is stunning with loads of climbing potential - A guidebook was published recently

http://www.balkancolours.com/index.php/bosniaguidebook

OP nick bamber 06 Apr 2018
In reply to climberchristy:

Thanks Christy 

OP nick bamber 06 Apr 2018
In reply to Šljiva:

That's exactly what I thought, the rock looks awesome!! 

Šljiva 06 Apr 2018
In reply to nick bamber: I drove across the country a couple of years back and spent the whole time overawed by the scenery, wondering why the place wasn’t full of climbers. Let me know how you get on.  I’m hoping to finally get outdoors in serbia in a couple of weeks. 

Caitlin 16 Apr 2018
In reply to Šljiva:

Hi Kirsten, do you know if there'stany Montenegro guide? I'm struggling to find any info!

Šljiva 16 Apr 2018
In reply to Caitlin: no, I don’t think so. I met a couple of guys with a drill who were kind of making it up as they went along and then moved onto trad. There’s some very old sketch topos for routes that were put up on Subra  by the Slovenes years ago but not necessarily very helpful when you see the scale of the place. I can put you in touch with someone there if you’re planning to go.  

Caitlin 16 Apr 2018
In reply to Šljiva:

Thanks! That would be amazing random guys weilding drills doesn't sound too promising though!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...