UKC

Driving into Italy Immigration > 8-day Notification

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BruceM 09 Jun 2022

The UK gov travel info site states that if entering Italy from say France/Austria and staying beyond 8 days, and camping or otherwise not staying in a hotel, you must notify Italian immigration.

"If you are entering from a Schengen Area country (e.g. France) you are required to declare your presence to the local immigration authority (questura) within 8 days of arriving (‘dichiarazione di presenza’). The questura will provide a form to complete. This requirement is not applicable if you are staying in a hotel or a B&B property."

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements

Has anybody been through this, and able to comment on how easy that is to do?

If you are just camper-vanning around or tenting whatever, where are you suppose to report to?  I imagine they would ask for addresses etc. that you won't have.

Or perhaps this is irrelevant if you already have Schengen entry stamps from France?  Anybody know anything more?

Toerag 09 Jun 2022
In reply to BruceM:

For what it's worth, I went to Italy via France a couple of weeks ago and stayed in a self-catering (not a b&b). I wasn't aware of the rule and the apartment landlord didn't mention anything. Passport was stamped flying in and out of Nice, there were no border checks on the train into or out of Italy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...