UKC

Eric Byne Campsite parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mungo 11 May 2023

Afternoon all 

Not camped at Eric Byne campsite since the car park next to the Robin Hood pub became National Trust... Does anyone know if overnight parking is allowed  ?

NT website doesn't specify and on one generic parking website it lists it as no overnight parking ?

Hoping someone may have used it recently for this purpose and can help

Thanks

Jamie

philipivan 11 May 2023
In reply to mungo:

I was wondering the same

PaulJepson 11 May 2023
In reply to mungo:

Pretty sure yes and pretty sure there is no charge overnight (unless this has changed post-covid, as the only time I've parked there since then the machine was OOO so it was free). 

philipivan 11 May 2023
In reply to PaulJepson:

Machine is no longer ooo

Paul Hy 11 May 2023
In reply to mungo:

Phone the campsite and ask the ?

ianstevens 12 May 2023
In reply to Paul Hy:

> Phone the campsite and ask the ?

Nah. Much better to speculate on the internet.

OP mungo 12 May 2023
In reply to ianstevens:

> Nah. Much better to speculate on the internet.

More like getting nowhere with other avenues… emailed and then called Longshaw Estate office on Wednesday, was given email address for the Eastern Moors dept that oversees said car park, no reply after two emails .. Called campsite 4 times in last 3 days … no answer . Was just hoping someone may have been recently.. that’s all ?
We’ll if they give me a ticket for overnight parking I have some ammo to go back to them with 😂

OP mungo 15 May 2023
In reply to mungo:

Evening:

Stayed overnight with no issue in the car park next to the Robin Hood Inn, Machine just states display ticket or NT card.. with no mention of NO overnight parking !

And ironically this morning received an official answer from the Eastern Moors Partnership that oversee the car park in question.. I have pasted my overnight parking query response below for reference in case anyone searches the topic in the future

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for getting in touch and apologies for the late response. You are more than welcome to park for free at any of the Eastern Moors car parks. We do not have pay and display machines with NT membership scanning facilities, however we ask to leave your card on your dashboard, unless you have a parking sticker in your vehicle already!

Hope you had a great time camping.

Best wishes,

Natasha Edgington

Administrator

Eastern Moors Partnership

Barbrook Cottage,

Nr. Owler Bar,

Baslow Road,

Sheffield,

S17 3BQ

T. 0114 289 1543

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...