UKC

gorges du tarn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
rlovatt 13 Feb 2012
Ive read a while back that many routes have had the bolts removed, is this still the case? what about la jonte? is it still worth going?
 AJM 13 Feb 2012
In reply to rlovatt:

Plenty to do in the Jonte and at Boffi. Tarn was heavily debolted in October but I'd heard there would be some rebolting done over the winter, don't know more though. There was still stuff to go at mind you. I'm out for a fortnight at Easter so hoping they've done something, but happy in the knowledge that Boffi, Jonte & Cantobre have enough going on to pick up the slack even if they haven't. be interested to hear if you find out any more...
some_fulla_ant 13 Feb 2012
In reply to AJM: Why were bolts removed?
 AJM 14 Feb 2012
In reply to some_fulla_ant:

A bolt failed on a project, landowners etc got nervy about other bolts so almost every route in the gorge using those bolts was stripped.
 racodemisa 15 Feb 2012
In reply to rlovatt: Most of the crags described in Rockfax back in October had alot of bolts missing.I think the locals had the money ready for re-equipment but @that time...oct/Nov lacked the manpower.Hopefuly this has been resolved.
As other posts have suggested the Jonte and Le Boffi are equal in their own right(not quite the density of upper 7s perhaps?).
The Jonte has had quite alot of single pitch additions up some great looking walls.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...