UKC

Kalymnos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Iamgregp 30 Sep 2020

Hey all, saw a few people asking about how Kalymnos is this year so thought I’d report back.

I’m here now and although numbers are definitely down on what they would usually be, its not so much that the crags seem deserted, just no queuing for routes, and getting a table in restaurants is a breeze.

More or less all of the shops, bars and restaurants are open, and could badly do with some help so if you are toying with the idea of coming this year I’d encourage you to do so  - the weather is beautiful, the flights cheaper than ever and the routes are free.

Of course if you’re not comfortable with the idea of sting on a flights for that amount of time that’s perfectly understandable and I respect your decision on that (our was about 2/3 full).

ebdon 30 Sep 2020
In reply to Iamgregp:

Thanks, appreciate the report, was there any evidence of testing at the airport? (Presuming you whent via Kos)

OP Iamgregp 30 Sep 2020
In reply to ebdon:

There was a testing station just after we got off the flight in Kos, but they didn’t seem to be doing any testing whilst I walked past (supposedly they test a random selection). Just a Couple of guys sat around looking bored...

They checked we had filled out the PLF form, however...

The owners of our studio took our temperature when we arrived, and we filled out an extra form, but nothing too in depth.

Coronavirus did make it to Kalymnos, there were 4 cases earlier in the year. All made a full recovery. 

In reply to Iamgregp:

Thanks for the report... Heading out tomorrow... Psyched out of my tiny mind!!

andyb211 01 Oct 2020
In reply to Duncan Disorderly:

Aye snap flying from east mids on jet2 

Just hope the ferry is hanging on for the flight!

OP Iamgregp 05 Oct 2020
In reply to Duncan Disorderly:

Just realised that was you that we met up at Poets yesterday! What a weird coincidence! Nice to meet you!

Andy Gamisou 05 Oct 2020
In reply to Iamgregp:

> Just realised that was you that we met up at Poets yesterday! What a weird coincidence! Nice to meet you!

He was at Poets, and you didn't knows it?  Sorry.

In reply to Iamgregp:

Nice one Greg... Ace to meet you guys too!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...