UKC

Langdale Diversion Friday Evening

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 23 May 2021

On Friday evening the road at Clappersgate bridge was closed so I followed the Diversion signs. These took me towards Grasmere.
At Grasmere the diversion signs, pointed towards Dunmail, but I took a left and nipped over RedBank.
But does anyone know where the diversion would have taken me if I followed the signs. The only options I can think of are;

1. Out to the motorway at Penrith to come back down to Junction 36, to then go up the A590 to Grennod then get to Langdale via Coniston.
  2. Round via Cockermouth, then down the coast to come in over Hardknott.

But both seem equally preposterous.

C Witter 23 May 2021
In reply to J1234:

So annoyed by that road closure! Apparently due to emergency repairs, but - where was the signage?! Sat in traffic all the way to Ambleside and then had no choice but to continue in traffic through to Grasmere. And since I had no idea how much of the road was closed, couldn't even figure out if it was worth going along the Grasmere to Loughrigg road. If there'd been a sign at the Kendal M6 turnoff I wouldn't have bothered going anywhere near...

J1234 23 May 2021
In reply to C Witter:

The Under Loughrigg road seemed to be full of cars coming out of Langdale on Friday evening, doubt you would have got through. Red Bank was fine, but the signs did not send you that way. Some friends took the Ferry. 
On Saturday people told me large trucks were coming over Red Bank which will have been fun.
Late afternoon the Bus appeared so the road must have reopened.

Post edited at 17:49
 cathsullivan 24 May 2021
In reply to J1234:

Red Bank was pretty much gridlocked by about 9am on Saturday morning.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...