UKC

Leonidio winter.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 samjones24 14 Jun 2021

Hello all. 

I’m thinking of migrating to Greece for the winter to avoid the English wetness (COVID permitting) and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or contacts of where to stay for a 2/3 month trip to Leonidio. I was initially thinking of heading to Kalymnos but after speaking to a few people they recommended staying on the mainland and that Leonidio would be a good destination. 

I don’t have any concrete plans and if anyone else would want to come along for the ride let me know, I think staying as a group of 3 would be ideal. 

Sam.

james1978 14 Jun 2021
In reply to samjones24:

Airbnb for a few days and then strike a cash deal with the landlord. I met more than a few couples who were paying 400 euros pcm for a studio in the centre. There's a leonidio fb page that is helpful too. 

Have a great time. 

James 

Removed User 14 Jun 2021
In reply to samjones24:

Hi Sam! I'm looking to do the same (except escape the Canadian winter). I was thinking of spending the month of Oct in Leonidio. I have a friend who went last year and gave me contacts for longer term accommodation. Just curious when you're thinking of going and what you're looking to climb? 

Cheers,

Maria 

OP samjones24 14 Jun 2021
In reply to Removed UserMrubinchik:

Hey Maria. 

I don’t have any concreted dates to be honest but was maybe looking at November-January or December-February just because that’s when it’s wettest here in the U.K. really. 

i don’t have any climbing aims really, just got out and enjoy it and see what happens I climbed my first french 7a sport route the other day so probably something similar or higher over there! What about you??

Sam.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...