UKC

Lleida advice please?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shapeshifter 18 Feb 2020

Likely staying B&B or self catering so need a few decent bars and restaurants - any thoughts on Tremp or Balaguer?

Not been before so any recommendations for don’t miss crags or sectors climbing mid 6’s to low 7’s?  Also any pointers to soft touch 7b’s appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

LeeWood 18 Feb 2020
In reply to Shapeshifter:

when are you going  ?

HeMa 18 Feb 2020

Ate a few good quality/deal menus in Bar Segle XX or something like that. Like 50 to 100m south of Hotel Segle in the main street. 

OP Shapeshifter 18 Feb 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

October-ish

LeeWood 18 Feb 2020

> October-ish

you should get good conditions then

Terradets Bruixes and Collegats Pedrera are both popular. For the latter you would need a tyrolean pulley. Other Collegats sectors also good. Ager Grillons, Abella Arches, Sant Llorenc Cilindre (conglomerate) all good ... just for starters ! 

Alex@home 18 Feb 2020

A mate of mine did his first 7b at the far right end of Tartareu. Can"t remember the route name but it was steep and looked good with no particularly hard moves. There's a really nice 7a+ arete just left of it. Ager was great for long wall pitches. Os de Balaguer had loads of quality in the 6b to 6c range.

At Santa Ana there's a 6c and a 6b+ next to each other on the south side of the pinnacles. We did the 6b+ and it was excellent but felt like 6c. Apparently the 6c is just as good. Murisec is another very good 6c and there's a couple of good 7a's to the right of it. The left hand one is pretty soft. 

Enjoy. I'm going back in 4 weeks and I can't wait

Maialen 18 Feb 2020
In reply to Shapeshifter: hi there. I’ve lived around there for years and love food, so let me share my favourites:

Restaurants:

1. Gurp. In tremp. Family run restaurant with a great menu for lunch (3 courses) for 14€ drinks included. The salad and the squid are awesome. The cheescake with red fruits to die for.

2. La era del salasse. In Salas de pallars (10 minutes from Tremp towards la Pobla). It’s a pizza place. But it’s a really good one. Really good ingredientes. The just open on weekends.

3.  Fa uns anys. In la Pobla. Great restaurant with lunch time 3 course menu with drink. Interesting menu, very well cooked and good ingredients. 

Bars:

1. Bar españa. In Tremp. Amazing omelette sandwiches. Try the artichoke one. Cheap. Tasty. 

2. The rest are more or less the same. The ones in la rambla are lovely to seat outside in the terrace.

I hope it’s helpful. Enjoy your time here, it’s such a nice down to earth area!

LeeWood 18 Feb 2020
In reply to Maialen:

> The rest are more or less the same.

you don't rate 'From Hell to Heaven' ???

spidermonkey09 19 Feb 2020

Tremp is much prettier than Balaguer and has an amazing wine bar - Casa Montoliu. Collegats has a great soft 7b on the RH side of Pedrera on tufas. Fleck is also amazing but quite chunky at 7b. 

SDM 19 Feb 2020

> Not been before so any recommendations for don’t miss crags or sectors climbing mid 6’s to low 7’s?  Also any pointers to soft touch 7b’s appreciated. 

>Terradets Bruixes and Collegats Pedrera are both popular.

The climbs in the 7a-7b range at Bruixes are tough for the grade. There isn't much to separate them and the 7cs or 7c+s! Bruixes is fantastic though and still well worth going to.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...