UKC

Lundy in May

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nawface 24 Apr 2022

Thinking of heading to Lundy next month 14th to 22nd ish.  Tides look ok.

Whats the crack with climbing during the bird ban.  Enough to do if you've not been before?  Climbing up to E3.  Or should we go to Fair head?

Cheers!

Tom Valentine 24 Apr 2022
In reply to nawface:

You can find a week's climbing on Lundy  if you are willing to enjoy the wealth of quality stuff there is below E3

Kevster 24 Apr 2022
In reply to nawface:

I'm a big fan of Lundy. But I think I'd feel short changed if I went and couldn't access all the crags. 

Could you go fairhead in may and Lundy later in the year?

The bird ban areas are not very changeable year to year. So a bit of internet and you'll see what's available. 

You're only likely to get 2 good routes that are cherry picked per day. That's if you're motivated. 

As a guide to volume of ambition. 

alan moore 25 Apr 2022
In reply to nawface:

You could spend a few days doing some of the best HS's up to E1 in Britain while the bird ban is on in Lundy. The best E2's and 3's are all in the bird areas if I remember correctly.

fammer 25 Apr 2022
In reply to nawface:

Go to fairhead

kevin stephens 25 Apr 2022
In reply to nawface: I love Lundy and Fairhead, I’ve been to both several times. But I wouldn’t consider Lundy while the bird bans are on.  Fairhead in May should get you a decent amount of sunshine on the crag but take an extra jumper. Fairhead is brilliant in the E1 to E 3 grades

Post edited at 18:38
 Tom Valentine 25 Apr 2022
In reply to kevin stephens:

The advantage of visiting Lundy during a bird ban is that most other climbers don't. 

I mean this in the nicest possible way.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...