UKC

Multi Pitch climbing in Europe 7b-7c

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stoop324 16 Nov 2019

I’m wanting to find a long multi pitch for next year. a 8pitch route or more. Ideally 7b-7c technical wall climbing with lots of crimps.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

HeMa 16 Nov 2019
In reply to Stoop324:

I assume you want bolted?  Then Verdon might have What ya want. Also Wendenstock and Eiger. 

Sl@te Head 16 Nov 2019
In reply to Stoop324:

The Rock Bottom Line (7b+)

Only 5 pitches and may not be in Europe next year.....

GDes 16 Nov 2019
In reply to Stoop324:

Wendenstock. 

MischaHY 16 Nov 2019
In reply to Stoop324:

Verdon, or Rätikon. Alix Punk de Vergons (7b)

Or in Rätikon, 'Hannibals Albtraum' at 7c. 

john arran 16 Nov 2019
In reply to Stoop324:

The Fisch route on the Marmolada would be an obvious suggestion, albeit rather more than 8 pitches long.

dan gibson 17 Nov 2019
In reply to Stoop324:

Yellow Wall and Prima Balarina on Cima Piccolo at Tre Cima.

Both about 8 to 10 pitches and fairly sustained at 7a-7b. Fully bolted, good rock, and great routes.

Removed User 17 Nov 2019
In reply to john arran:

> The Fisch route on the Marmolada would be an obvious suggestion, albeit rather more than 8 pitches long.

The Fisch is worthy; but isn't that sustained. Pretty much E1/2 5b until the three pitches into the Fisch feature. The RH exit out of the feature is more what's being looked for (End of Misery / Mistery can't remember which). Sul Filo del Apparenze on Ombretta and the Larcher Vigiani on Penia (pulling on bits gets it down to 7b)

Lots on Ratikon such as Arcadia

OP Stoop324 25 Nov 2019
In reply to MischaHY:

Have you climbed Alix Punk de Vergons? On the rockfax description it says abit of aid lowers the grade? Can it be free climbed or do you have to aid it?

thanks for posting about this route looks amazing 

MischaHY 25 Nov 2019
In reply to Stoop324:

I've not done it yet but got detailed info from a friend for a future ascent. Apparently it's proper 7b+ and needs to be respected (i.e. like every Verdon route!) but apparently it's excellent. 

Martin Bennett 26 Nov 2019
In reply to Stoop324:

Have you considered Taghia in Morocco? Not far out of Europe, cheap flights and route lengths and grades that meet your spec.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...