UKC

Pedraforca in October

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TonyG 12 Sep 2018

Hi everyone. I'm going to be in Barcelona for the second week in October, and would like to do a trail run on the Pedraforca near Saldes.

Does anyone have any insight about what the weather and conditions are typically like there around the middle of October? Any possibility of snow? Likely to rain much at that time of year? Also has anyone hiked up and down it, and what was it like? It looks amazing...

Thanks

Tony

mark hounslea 12 Sep 2018
In reply to TonyG:

Climbed it with my wife in Oct half term. Lovely mountain with an exposed traverse and some cables. The descent I’d down a mighty scree slope. Wore shorts 

Alun 12 Sep 2018
In reply to TonyG:

There will be no snow, that’s for sure.

Weather really could do anything, though.

Ramon Marin 13 Sep 2018
In reply to TonyG:

depends on the weather, but climbing on the south face should be fine. There won't be snow, but it's a big mountain so keep an eye on the forecast. You should be fine though

OP TonyG 14 Sep 2018
In reply to everyone:

Thanks a lot for the replies everyone... It sounds like there should be no snow, so I'll just keep an eye on the mountain forecast and choose the best day of weather during the week I'm there. Looking forward to it! I drove past the Pedraforca once years ago on the way to a day's skiing in the Pyrenees and made a mental note that I'd love to come back one day and take a look at it. I wish I had a partner to try one of the multipitch routes, but I'll be very happy just to hike/run up and down the normal route with the scrambly ridge to the top.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...