UKC

Prices in Malta?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 03 Feb 2024

I might have a chance to go to Malta for an extended stay, at least 3 weeks. Accommodation and flight will be paid for, but I'll have to pay for everything else. It won't be a holiday in the sense of having a blowout, partying every night etc, more a kicking back relaxing and contemplating kinda thing. I'll be mainly self-catering, buying food from markets etc. with hopefully the odd visit to a cafe or restaurant, spending as little as possible. Can anyone give me a rough estimate of how much I'll need to spend each day?    

OP aln 05 Feb 2024
In reply to aln:

Anyone?

coachio 05 Feb 2024
In reply to aln:

Depending on where you are I would think you can live fairly cheaply. We found that groceries were comparable or cheaper than uk and plenty of small bars and cafes at decent price points. Also very easy to get around. It's 22 euros for a weekly bus pass, hop on and hop off at any bus stop on the island, use as much times as you like. You can also use this on Gozo and it's very reasonable prices for the ferry. You can use the bus app to get to all the major sites with no problems. We used it to get to the start of a days walk and then get back really easy.

If you can stomach the channel 5 style of programmes there is a series about Malta on just now. We've been the last 2 November's and currently considering this year as well.

montyjohn 05 Feb 2024
In reply to aln:

I was in Malta this summer (short trip, four days, cut down to three because EasyJet overbooked the plane).

Anyway, we ate out for all meals as we didn't have any catering facilities and it was such a short trip, and I remember thinking it was much cheaper than the UK.

I don't remember the exact amounts, but I feel like me and my wife paid £50 for an evening meal in a nice place, with booze and desert. Way cheaper than London.

My hire car was £8 per day. plus a £40 charge because the credit cars was in my wife's name. They have a rule for everything.

Parking is free, except for a small tip for the attendant guy that looks after your car.

Don't remember the price of the diving trips we went on.

I didn't shop in supermarkets, but I expect it to be cheaper than here.

My advice, work out what you spend in the UK, assume it's the same, add any excursions and you're probably on the safe side.

Most attractions are free anyway. The old city for example.

Don't bother with the pop-eye set village thing. Over priced and boring and full of people.

nniff 05 Feb 2024
In reply to aln:

As above - much the same.  They are keen on parking tickets though.  You might think that you are out of the way, but the parking attendants are not...

OP aln 05 Feb 2024
In reply to aln:

Thank you UKc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...