UKC

Recommend me a campsite near Visp / Saas Grund ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tintinandpip 03 Aug 2022

Heading to Saas Grund over the weekend, we will be using huts for a few nights but also need a good valley campsite ( van and hook up ) 
Happy to be in Visp ( or near ) or in or near Saas Grund anyone any suggestions for one that is reasonably priced.
Thanks in advance. 

Tom Briggs 04 Aug 2022
In reply to tintinandpip:

Hi Andy, the Saas Grund campsite is pretty nice if you can get on it. Looked pretty busy a few days ago. It would be really hot down in Visp. I’ve stayed on the Evolene site some years back and that was nice enough. Depends but you’re planning to do, bearing in mind Alpine routes are very limited now due to conditions. More to do in Saas than Zermatt though.

OP tintinandpip 04 Aug 2022
In reply to tintinandpip:

Hi Tom 

Almageller Hut, Dri Horlini in the afternoon then Weissmiess next day, up Rotgrat and down S ridge is the plan. First few days with my daughter before others arrive. The plan is to then go up to Mischabel hut and Nagelhorn if the weathers holds, it’s currently getting done but very aware of how poor conditions are so will get more info once we arrive. I will give the site in Saas Grund a go.

Thanks Andy 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...