UKC

Sleeping at Venice Marco Polo airport?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

As I have an early flight out of there next week, so I thought my best bet would be to kip at the airport overnight. Has anyone done this recently?

Dark-Cloud 10 Sep 2019
In reply to Frank the Husky:

I suppose you have checked this already but sounds like it’s possible but a bit challenging 

https://www.sleepinginairports.net/guides/venice-marco-polo-airport-guide.h...

Russell Lovett 10 Sep 2019

Was there in july and had a 6.00am flight so spent the night stretched out on the airport floor. Did,nt go to sleep but played on my phone all night ( charger pluged into airport socket) didn't get bothered by anyone all night. Could probable have gone to sleep but the floor was pretty hard. Seen people streached across 2/3 seats sleeping and not getting bothered but it did not look very comfy.

beardy mike 11 Sep 2019

As long as you like a hard marble floor you'll be reet. Gives you a good idea of what it's be like to be a corpse on the slab if nothing else. Or there are some airbnb's within walking distance of the airport. Or find somewhere in Treviso and catch an airport bus in the morning from outside the trainstation...

MischaHY 11 Sep 2019

Take a lightweight air mat and have a lovely snooze? That'd be my beta. Maybe have a way of attaching your bag to yourself so it can't get pinched. 

Stroppy 11 Sep 2019

I have slept there before. Remember it well as a relatively unpleasant experience, mostly due to the marble floor as others have mentioned. It was also very bright so bring a blindfold it you want to sleep!

I had no hassle but was asked to move to a different area at about 4am so they could come round with the machine that cleans the floors.

In reply to Stroppy and everyone else:

Much obliged for the info. A hard floor is no obstacle as I have a sleeping mat. Thanks again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...