UKC

Tremadog Camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GaryK 02 Aug 2021

Is there any camping in the Tremadog area that isn't Glamping or bunkhouses?

I haven't been for about ten years. What happened to the people who bought Eric's Cafe? Is it still going?

Thankjs for any updates.

Andy Hardy 02 Aug 2021
In reply to GaryK:

Eric's is now closed (including the car parking) for the duration of the pandemic. The new owners who courted and received much needed support for their planning application from climbers don't seem very interested in maintaining climbers as potential clients. If I remember right, they were also looking at buying the bunkhouse from Eric. No doubt that will be turned into a bijoux off grid insta-friendly staycation experience in due course 😶

OP GaryK 02 Aug 2021
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Thanks for the information. I'll start looking for somewhere else.

gravy 02 Aug 2021
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Wow, that's really depressing, the benefits of "progress" and certain sort of ambition I suppose.

Perhaps pods and yurts* will go the way of CB radios, hover crafts, jet skis and drones** and disappear into the void of "things that looked better than they really were" and we can return to a vaguely flat field with a standpipe and brick shithouse for a few quid.

* I blame the Archers for this

** Still waiting for this one

PaulJepson 02 Aug 2021
In reply to Andy Hardy:

And so the cycle of expensive campsites with unnecessary luxury and facilities, driving thrifty outdoors folk into staying in their van and cluttering up the laybys continues. 

I stayed at Eric Bynes on the weekend for £3.50 a night. Lush. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...