UKC

Unusual places to run a club trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jonesdwill 15 Apr 2021

After some recent discussion about the logistics of running a club trip to Lundy (I'm part of a university club so this is mostly hypothetical), I was wondering where else would be a unique place to run a trip to.

So, where is the most novel place you've been on a club trip? 

PieMan 16 Apr 2021
In reply to jonesdwill:

We did Lundy back in 2016, great trip. Most unusual? Bornholm, Kullaberg or the Jotenheimen are probably up there, though we are blessed with Scandinavian members which helps with the logistics. In the UK...Somerset, better than expected! We have a trip to Sardinia lined up in the future, not sure how unusual that is. 

Lankyman 16 Apr 2021
In reply to jonesdwill:

The USSR - caving in Uzbekistan in 1989 joint trip with 2 or 3 clubs and other odds and sods

GrahamD 16 Apr 2021
In reply to jonesdwill:

We managed a great little trip to Clecy, Normandy, for a weekend when pretty much all of the UK was restricted due to Foot and Mouth.

Wingnut 16 Apr 2021
In reply to jonesdwill:

We once had a UKC meet in Leicester ...

jimtitt 16 Apr 2021
In reply to jonesdwill:

We used to have Thursday evening meets at Stonehenge......

nniff 16 Apr 2021
In reply to jonesdwill:

In the days when Easyjet flights really were cheap we managed a four day trip to Siurana for 8 which cost £40 each including flights, car hire, accommodation and food.   The flight was £12 return.

the sheep 16 Apr 2021
In reply to Wingnut:

I may have been there for that one 😊

Kevster 16 Apr 2021
In reply to jonesdwill:

Lundy is a good venue. Not sure it's unusual tho. Just takes booking in advance. 

Andy Clarke 16 Apr 2021
In reply to Kevster:

> Lundy is a good venue. Not sure it's unusual tho. Just takes booking in advance. 

About two years in advance if you want a week in the barn with good tides and no bird ban! I like to think my logistics are usually pretty good - but one year I did the unthinkable and missed the ferry. Luckily there was a rare additional sailing the following day for the annual Lundy air show. It sailed, despite the fact the air show was cancelled due to the gales and storms we enjoyed for the next few days.

VPJB 16 Apr 2021
In reply to jonesdwill:

When at Uni I went with Swansea Uni MC three times. It was the start of Easter break and before bird ban. We had the hut and the the quarters, really great trips! Don't pee on the electric fence though!

Also had a trip in the summer and camped.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...