UKC

Wild Camping, Siurana and La Mussara, is still tolerated?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MNA123 19 Mar 2013
Going to Siurana/La Mussara for a week end of April/start of May and after seeing this thread http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=529584 i was wondering is wild camping is still tolerated in the area, as we are going on a shoe string budget and will be wild camping.

We last went 4 years ago and had a lovely time wild camping in some really beautiful spots with no trouble from anyone, we always took our camp down first thing in the morning and cleared our litter away etc. so would be a shame if we're going to have to proper sneak about because people have been taking the p**s and just making a mess.
 Alun 20 Mar 2013
In reply to Adam Moroz:
People dossing in the woods are generally fine, as long as they behave and don't start showering/pooing in the campsite bar without paying or even buying a coffee (unfortunately quite common).

The biggest problem is the hoards of camper vans clogging up every car-park and layby on every holiday weekend. The problem has definitely got worse in the 6 years I've been going there regularly - ali k's description in the thread you link to is accurate. I wouldn't be surprised (or, in fact, disappointed) if the local authority will start to introduce restrictions.

This said, if you're just going to bugger off into the woods with a bivvy bag you should be fine, as long as you use your loaf. Go a fair way from other people, don't make too much noise, don't light a fire (this is a very big no-no), bag or bury your poo, respect the environment etc. etc.
OP MNA123 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Alun:

Thanks for the reply, sorry it took so long for me to acknowledge it. Yeah we usually stash ourselves away and don't make a mess/nusiance of ourselves, the only time we've ever been moved on was in sardinia but we were next to massive no camping sign in cala gonone (sp?). Can't wait to get back to the Prades Mountains, in my opinion most beautiful/peaceful place ive been on a climbing trip
 krank 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Adam Moroz:

I'm taking a strobe and and base bin so we can rave it up in the evenings.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...