UKC

Hotel and supermarket in Anchorage, Alaska

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberttaylor 20 Mar 2024

I'm looking for a recommendation for a hotel in Anchorage, Alaska. I'd prefer something that's;

• near to a large supermarket (so I can buy three weeks worth of food for Denali) and that has some freeze dried stuff
  • ideally nearish to the international airport
  • not too expensive
  • cool with me putting some stuff in their freezer for a night or two. Not essential but very handy. 

I don't know the local supermarket chains, so if anyone has any recommendations for those, they would be appreciated too.

Cheers.

Damo 20 Mar 2024
In reply to Roberttaylor:

Have you tried asking at: https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/105084211/mountaineering

Million years since I was there, but we stayed in the youth hostel. Basic but with a kitchen and plenty of room. Was start of May and everything was still pretty quiet. Or you might want to look at somewhere near the REI and Alaska Mountaineering & Hiking as you'll probably be buying stuff.

arose 23 Mar 2024
In reply to Roberttaylor:

May not answer the question but we stayed in an air bnB and just walked to get the food as we had a whole day.  REI is the best for freeze dried (its mad the selection they have in North America) and wall mart is then really cheap for everything else.  I think theres a hostel near the Alaska mountaineering shop but everything in american cities tends to be pretty spread out.  I actually strava'd our walking to and from the shops the day we were packing and clocked 18km (1 trip for breakfast and wallmart with a return to the accomodation and another trip to REI and Alaska Mountaineering)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...