UKC

Tramway du Mont Blanc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 philipjardine 26 May 2023

The train from St Gervais will be stopping at Mont Lachat this year.  You will only be able to go to Nid d'Aigle if you have a hut reservation.

johnlc 27 May 2023
In reply to philipjardine:

Yes, and there will only be two going up (at 0800 and around midday) and one coming down at about 1600 hrs.

Matej 30 May 2023

I didn't get it. Does it mean that the route through Les Houches is not working at all ? Normally , I am planning to climb MB via Gouter on June 12 , I have a booking but can I go via a cable car from Les Houches to Nid d'Aigle or this change of trains does apply to St Gervais only?

tomredfern 02 Jun 2023
In reply to Matej:

From today's update email:

...... we inform you that the opening of the Mont Blanc Tramway initially scheduled for June 10, 2023 is likely to be postponed for a few days.

We will keep you informed by a new press release which will be sent Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at the end of the day.

Reminder :
Trains specially dedicated to mountaineers who plan to climb Mont Blanc by the normal Goûter route will be offered according to the following specific times and from the opening date until October 1, 2023:
- Uphill, 3 trains a day departing from Le Fayet at 7 a.m., 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Downhill, 3 trains a day departing from the Nid d'Aigle at 8:10 a.m., 12:10 p.m. and 4:10 p.m.

Important :
To validate boarding on these trains departing from Le Fayet or Saint-Gervais, mountaineers must buy their tickets to Bellevue online at www.tramwaydumontblanc.com then present themselves on D-Day at the TMB ticket offices in Le Fayet or Saint-Gervais to collect a special mountaineer transport ticket with the Nid d'Aigle terminus which will be issued to them only on presentation of a reservation at the refuges of the normal route of Mont Blanc.

Matej 05 Jun 2023
In reply to tomredfern:

Thanks, I have received the same update. Do you know what's the altitude difference to go with a cable car from Les Houches? I called them and they told me that cable car is going a bit lower than the train from Le Fayet to Nid d'Aigle. The train has enough place to everyone based on bookings on Gouter that day so we are still thinking about both options, either to take a cable car from Les Houches or a train from Le Fayet. 

Matej 05 Jun 2023

I already checked it and the altitude difference is 600 meters at the end-station between the cable car going from Les Houches and the train going from Le Fayet so better to go with the train to get through Gran Couloir to Gouter as soon as possible. Just sharing the info to others who are planning to climb MB next week.

Post edited at 11:16
 tomredfern 07 Jun 2023
In reply to Matej:

I guess you got this update too....

..... Therefore, we inform you that the opening of the Mont Blanc Tramway initially scheduled for June 10, 2023 is for the moment postponed to Saturday June 17, 2023.
Our teams are doing everything possible to accomplish this work and we will not fail to inform you if we can open the operation before June 17th.

Matej 07 Jun 2023
In reply to tomredfern:

oh I didn't, thank you for sharing. I reveived all previous ones but this one didn't come so it means we will go up via a cable car in Les Houches.

tomredfern 07 Jun 2023
In reply to Matej:

> oh I didn't, thank you for sharing. I reveived all previous ones but this one didn't come so it means we will go up via a cable car in Les Houches.

Glad I posted then... I nearly didn't!

Email was from CTMB at 09.47 (CEST) this morning

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...