UKC

Sold: Wanted: Cheap estate/7 seater car/van with windows

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 TomYoung (user since 10/Apr/17) 22 May 2024
The seller has now marked this as sold

Hi all,

Currently on the hunt for a cheap but big booted wagon to move house/get me to festivals/go cragging in over the summer (and possibly a trip to France in late summer) so thought I'd ask here as well as keeping an eye on Autotrader, eBay, Gumtree etc. just in case anyone has a car they're looking to get rid of.

Budget up to about £1500 (just for the car, have more budget for insurance), based in Sheffield but often in NE England and could be happy to travel for the right vehicle, the more service history the better! 

Ideally would have cruise control and AC but not total dealbreakers without, want about 6 months MOT on it really.

Models I'm looking at are Ford Focus/Mondeo estate and the S-Max/Galaxy, UKC's favourite vehicle the Skoda Octavia (but would be open to a Roomster), VW Golf/Passat estate or Touran/Sharan, Honda Accord or FRV, Toyota Avensis/Corolla Verso, Volvo V70, Saab 9-3/9-5, Citroen Berlingo/Peugeot Partner.

Anything out there? Hard pressed at this kind of budget but alas I am a poor student in need of wheels

Thanks for reading!

Tom.

Post edited at 15:12
 tomthetraddad 22 May 2024
In reply to TomYoung:

For a few years I had a Peugeot 807 which was a big 7 seater people carrier and bloody loved it!! Took the seats out and was big enough for me and my wife to sleep in with our kit on the front seats. 

leon 1 22 May 2024
In reply to TomYoung:

Mailed you

a crap climber 22 May 2024
In reply to TomYoung:

Have a look for a Toyota Alphard. For that sort of money it'll be pretty old and beaten up, but they have Toyota reliability. Quite odd looking but very roomy. You can fold the seats flat in the back and chuck an airbed on top to sleep in it.

OP TomYoung 23 May 2024
In reply to leon 1:

Email received, will be in touch

OP TomYoung 23 May 2024
In reply to a crap climber:

Were these ever available on the UK market or were they all imports? From what I can see most of the ones here have 2.4 litre petrol engines which look rather thirsty!

Same goes for the Honda Odyssey and similar, great cars I'm sure but doesn't look like there's as many around so prices are higher.

Sarah Byrne 28 May 2024
In reply to TomYoung:

Sent you an email as well!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...