UKC

Alpine range of rucksacs from PODsacs WITH VIDEO

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 07 Apr 2010
[Alpine 50, 2 kb]Brand new for Spring 2010 is the Alpine range of PODsacs. The Alpine 30, 40 and 50 are lightweight packs honed for the alpine environment. Functional, weather resistant and can be stripped down to suit the lightweight needs of the alpinist.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=2444
 Michael Ryan 07 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

Can people play the video OK?
 climbingronnie 07 Apr 2010
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Yes thanks
 subflux 08 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

How do these compare to the equivalent sized OMM packs?
 beardy mike 08 Apr 2010
In reply to subflux: Having played with a preproduction model, they aren't really the same beast... OMM's are super light, whereas these are more of a standard, high quality, mid-lite weight sack... very nice though...
 Michael Ryan 08 Apr 2010
In reply to mike kann:
> (In reply to subflux) Having played with a preproduction model, they aren't really the same beast... OMM's are super light, whereas these are more of a standard, high quality, mid-lite weight sack... very nice though...

I'd agree with that. Different beasts.

I have a OMM Adventure Light 20 litre and a new PODsac Granite 25. Once is a running pack the other a climbing pack. The OMM is lighter, the POD tougher. The Granite is an inverted teardrop shape, so you get clearance for your harness - although I've yet to test that function.

Only seen the Alpine series.

subflux 08 Apr 2010
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Thanks folks!
 TobyA 08 Apr 2010
In reply to subflux: Been using my Alpine 40 all week here in Norway. A tough all rounder - not superlight by any means but stripable. So far pretty impressed but a full review will be on UKC sometime after I get home.
 subflux 08 Apr 2010
In reply to TobyA:

Would the Alpine 40 be big enough for Scottish Winter Climbing, or is the 50 more suitable?
 TobyA 08 Apr 2010
In reply to subflux: I reckon the 40 would be a good size for that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...