UKC

/ Best Area to Buy Shoes

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
dilatory - on 04 Dec 2018

Bit of a random one but I'm wanting to try on as many different shoes as possible. Happy to take a day trip. I want to potentially move away from all the Scarpa I currently own and buy some theoretical perfect shoe. Where in the UK has the best concentration of places to buy climbing shoes  be they gyms, shops etc?

climber34neil - on 04 Dec 2018
In reply to dilatory:

I would think banana fingers probably up there with the most to choose from

Mike Stretford - on 04 Dec 2018
In reply to dilatory:

Manchester is probably a contender with Costwolds, EB, GO, Snow and Rock and the 4 walls. If you took in a session at the Depot one day and Awesome Stockport the next, it wouldn't be a waste of a wet weekend.

(other walls are available but those are my picks)

Andy Hardy on 04 Dec 2018
In reply to dilatory:

If you're still in N Wales, then I would start in Llanberis, then go to Betws, via Capel Curig. Plenty of shops along the way.

dilatory - on 04 Dec 2018
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Yeah, it's only really V12 with a decent spread of shoes. Joe brown and rockb are both a bit thin and only really stock some Sportiva and Boreal shoes typically. Maybe if Tenaya turn into the perfect fit I can stop at V12, but thought could make a day of it as suggest by the Manchester comment. 

Guy Hurst - on 04 Dec 2018
In reply to dilatory:

Keswick and/or Ambleside. All the usual suspects, plus a few really good independents.

timparkin - on 04 Dec 2018
In reply to Guy Hurst:

I visited Keswick and tried everything that Kong and Needlesports had to offer (which was a fair amount but not as much as I'd hoped. Turned out to be enough though)

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.