UKC

REVIEW: Black Diamond airNET Harness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 18 Aug 2020
Airnet harness montage

At £150 this isn't a cheap option, says Rob Greenwood, but within the category of extremely lightweight, high performance sport harnesses the airNET sits proudly at the top in terms of lightness, durability and features. For an ultralight harness, it's also surprisingly comfortable.

Read more
 Rob Kelly 18 Aug 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

How did you find this compares to the Petzl Sitta, Rob? I am considering replacing my Sitta and was going to go for a like for like replacement but had seen the BD option and was tempted. My only gripe with the Sitta is that I find the leg loops taper a little quickly so longer belay stints can sometimes get slightly more uncomfortable than with a chunkier harness. It's fantastic to climb in though. Do you know if the BD is any different in that regard? Also, how does sizing compare?

In reply to Rob Kelly:

Hi Rob,

I’m on holiday at the moment so can’t comment with any degree of certainty; however, I’d be more than happy to have a closer look when I’m back on the 31st August.

Theres obviously a lot of common ground between the airNET and the Sitta, but I thought the airNET won through in terms of its durability. When it came to comfort I’m not sure I had the same problem with the Sitta, but such is the nature of fit - everyone is different.

When it comes to sizing I was a medium in both the airNET and the Sitta, so would definitely recommend giving both a go.

Good luck!

Rob Kelly 18 Aug 2020
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Thanks!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...