UKC

Climbing Shops With Harnesses Between Birmingham and Peak District

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Bancho 23 May 2024

Hi everyone! I'm looking to buy a harness with a focus on sport and gym climbing. I'd like to try a harness on in-store before purchase (I have weird dimensions) but it's been hard to find a store that stocks harnesses near me in Birmingham. Some places like Go Outdoors have very limited stock so haven't been ideal for this and most climbing-centric shops in the area have closed down! 

Anyway, i'm looking to go up to the peak district over the weekend so does anyone know any climbing specific shops around Birmingham or on the way to the PD. I'm happy to have a bit of a detour if needed. Any suggestions would be very helpful! 

wlloyd 23 May 2024
In reply to Bancho:

Depending on which part of the peak you are going to this may or may not be on the way.
Go Outdoors in Stoke seems reasonably well stocked at the moment. They have a bargain bucket in the climbing section where you can sometimes find harnesses for less than £30.

Plenty of non reduced stuff too, usually works out decently priced when coupled with discount card and a price match.

Andypeak 23 May 2024
In reply to Bancho:

If you can wait until you are in the Peak Outside at Hathersage are probably the best climbing shop in 100 miles

deacondeacon 23 May 2024
In reply to Bancho:

Just go to Outside in Hathersage. They'll sort you out.

Paul Hy 23 May 2024
In reply to Bancho:

as whats be said Outside Shop in Hathersage. youll pay a bit more but youll get proper professional advise from the staff there.

TobyA 23 May 2024
In reply to Paul Hy:

> as whats be said Outside Shop in Hathersage. youll pay a bit more but youll get proper professional advise from the staff there.

I don't even think you are necessarily paying more at Outside - i guess a bit more than some real discounted basic item at GO, but Outside often sell a bit below RRP. Considering how good they are, their prices are keen too. 

midgen 23 May 2024
In reply to Bancho:

Definitely worth going to Outside as they have a sling setup so you can try a bunch and hang in the harness and see how it feels when it matters. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...