UKC

Edelrid Sendero - Awful Durability?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 neuromancer 19 Apr 2022

Stupidly I chucked it in the bin in a fit of trad-anxiety annoyance as it probably is inside warranty.

18 month old harness - leg loops and waist loops found loads of tears and cuts through the outer material. Like someone had gone along with a box cutter And put 1cmish holes in lots of places (uncovering the black Eva foam underneath). Totally worn through the back of the harness where the leg elastics attach. Prob not super dangerous as the load rated bits were still covered.

My older edelrid leaf (4y) looked positively brand new in comparison. 

Anyone have a similar experience? Checked my logbook and it's probably seen less than 50 routes (grit, Pembroke, lakes).

midgen 19 Apr 2022
In reply to neuromancer:

I have a Sirana (same but with fixed leg loops) that's probably seen a similar amount of action. It's showing some wear and is a bit fuzzy in places, particularly the gear loops, but definitely nothing alarming.

Sure it's not been got at by mice or something?

Garethza 19 Apr 2022
In reply to neuromancer:

I have a sendero although mainly used indoors and some trad but its still like new, no signs of wear.. do you chuck it in with all your rack, perhaps its getting minced in your bag with all the pointy stuff?

OP neuromancer 19 Apr 2022
In reply to Garethza:

Nah - always lived in the thin green bag it came in (mainly our of laziness as if stopped it getting tangled).

Maybe just sharp belays? 

TobyA 20 Apr 2022
In reply to neuromancer:

I've used mine pretty extensively over going on 2 years now. I've had to put tape over one cm or so long rip on the outer material of one of the leg loops, and got scuffs and so on it, so I also think the cover material isn't particularly strong. But it sounds like yours is a lot more battered than mine. But I do agree that they don't seem as hardwearing as some other older harnesses I have.

I've just done a quick scan through my logbooks I've got over 300 ticks in there since I got it, although a decent number will be easy solos and few boulder problems. I've occasionally used other harnesses too. But I've probably done about 200 routes in it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...