UKC

Fingerschinder pi r² - Hangboard & Gymring Combo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fingerschinder 05 Dec 2017
Dear fellow climbers

What does the perfect gymring & hangboard combination look like? There are already a couple of pieces of gear on the market (metolius rock rings etc.) but none did the job well in my opinion. Either the materials were not satisfying (hard on the skin), the edges didn't offer enough variation or the jug was not suitable for the gymnasts false grip which is crucial for a lot of gymring excercises.

youtube.com/watch?v=E7hktvAGXCo&

I tried to come up with a solution myself, not only thinking about the form problems mentioned above and the user but also about the people who make our products. I started a cooperation with small traditional carpenters in Austria who preserve precious woodworking knowledge in an era of more and more throw away furniture. This way both the customers and the carpenters benefit from each other. Climbers get high quality training devices and carpenters can keep up the production in times of fewer regular furniture orders.

What do you think of the design and the concept? I would appreciate your feedback a lot.
In case you like it you can find more information on the Kickstarter page I set up for the carpenters. All of the money goes directly to them. Only 4 days left.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fingerschinder/fingerschinder-r2

Jakob
 AlanLittle 05 Dec 2017
In reply to Fingerschinder:

To be honest - I've seen pictures of these before and at first I thought they looked cool, but on reflection I think intense finger training, and upper body big muscle training with extreme stabilisation demands, are probably safer kept separate. The picture on your kickstarter looks like a recipe for a sudden slip of the left hand instantly snapping several pulleys (ringbänder).

I'll keep my rings and my fingerboard separate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...