UKC

SHOW REPORT: OutDoor 2019 - Best in Show

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 03 Jul 2019
...or you could wear it like a giant silver scarf We're just back from the annual summer gear-fest that is the OutDoor trade show. Over three long days we saw a lot (and we mean a lot) of gear - and as ever, among the many new products shown to us by attending brands a few particularly caught our eye.

Read more
 Southvillain 04 Jul 2019
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Whilst it's lovely to see new kit at the 2019 show (presumably for release at some point in the future), I'm still waiting for the release of kit from last year's show! I got so bored of googling `Tenaya Ais' (supposedly on sale in April this year, but not yet out) and `Tenaya Mastia' (supposedly on sale in July this year, but not yet out, although Tenaya have released a photo of Alex Megos in a pair on Instagram this week) that I've set up a google alert on both. Grrrr.

jimtitt 04 Jul 2019
In reply to Southvillain:

Outdoor is a trade show to introduce forthcoming products to importers and retailers, guage potential interest and take orders so the manufacturers can organisr production schedules. Two years lead time would be reasonable and if the retailers express no interest the product is axed.

Phil_Brock 04 Jul 2019

So many micro cams now. Wild country 0's look identical to the Dragonfly's but don't go down to the smallest size. Stem on the Z4's looks interesting, just wish they'd done that on the ultralight camalots which apparently have zero flex and snap when you whip on them (feedback from someone who's done just that - not planning to buy them anymore!). Interesting BD are doing double axle for blue and upwards but then they're basically just a slightly narrower C4 with a fancy stem? But good to have some other options in the market given that Dragonfly's have instantly sold out everywhere.

What would be really interesting though would be a totem cam in a size or two smaller than the current black (0.5)!

Ramon Marin 04 Jul 2019

for second I thought those shoes were retailing at £4,99... 

In reply to Phil_Brock:+

But good to have some other options in the market given that Dragonfly's have instantly sold out everywhere.

… readily available in a well known climbing shop in Hathersage...

Just spoken to Beta Climbing Designs, Tenaya's UK distributor, and supposedly the Mastia are due to hit the shops in five weeks time. Not sure about the Ais, but can certainly find out if you'd like?

Clip gate 05 Jul 2019

to UKC/UKH Gear:

In the description of the 4.99 shoe do you mean Maximise friction & not minimise?

Southvillain 05 Jul 2019
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

> Just spoken to Beta Climbing Designs, Tenaya's UK distributor, and supposedly the Mastia are due to hit the shops in five weeks time. Not sure about the Ais, but can certainly find out if you'd like?

Rob - Thanks for doing that. If you could ask about the Ais I'd be grateful, as Tenaya themselves are rubbish at replying to direct emails/IG posts...

galpinos 05 Jul 2019
In reply to Clip gate:

They mean minimise, you don't want your toe catching on the underside of a hold when jumping up the wall.

wbo 05 Jul 2019
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear: Black Diamond Z4 or X4? Proof reading ?

In reply to wbo:

You can't expect perfection from a team of people who've exclusively survived on a diet of coffee/weissbier for three days straight.

Anyhow, that's just been updated

TobyA 05 Jul 2019
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

> You can't expect perfection from a team of people who've exclusively survived on a diet of coffee/weissbier for three days straight.

That sounds a fine diet to me!

Mmmm... weissbier....

beardy mike 05 Jul 2019
In reply to TobyA:

I dunno. I love a weiss but the trouble is its often really warm as its straight from the crate and after you’ve had a few it’s a bit much. Whereas the cold Paulaner hell they had outside in the courtyard, well, thats fully conducive to networking... 

John Kelly 05 Jul 2019
In reply to Phil_Brock:

' on the ultralight camalots which apparently have zero flex and snap when you whip on them (feedback from someone who's done just that - not planning to buy them anymore!)'

That would be quite big news.

beardy mike 05 Jul 2019
In reply to John Kelly:

Dont think he means as in literally snap in two, more likely the stem plastics snapping, because they are as chunky as a Llandudno dinner lady.

Hi

Looks like for the time being the Ais is on the back burner, The Mastia will be in the UK shortly though!

Southvillain 07 Jul 2019
In reply to Euan McKendrick:

> Hi

> Looks like for the time being the Ais is on the back burner, The Mastia will be in the UK shortly though!

Aha. Thanks. The Mastia was the more `attractive' one. I'm sure Bananafingers will get them in.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...