UKC

Re-soling Sportiva B3 Boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 scottie390 05 Feb 2013
Hi guys,

Have a set of Sportiva Nepal Extreme boots that have served me well over the years and I'm soon going to have to consider resoling them.

Does anyone have any knowledge of who or where does this? anyone done it before?

Cheers
Davie
 Col Kingshott 05 Feb 2013
In reply to scottie390: I've not used them but I'm pretty sure Lancashire Sports Repairs will.

Col.
 gethin_allen 05 Feb 2013
In reply to scottie390:
Feet first in Chesterfield will do it for about £50 I think.
 Patrick803 06 Feb 2013
In reply to scottie390: Hate to speak ill of them but had a poor experience with feet first. Told me my nepals would be done in a couple of weeks, ended up with them for over 2 months, not totally their fault but ended up having to buy a new pair for a pre planned trip. When I eventually got them back they looked good but have since experienced wet feet so presume they are leaking in somewhere. Whole experience cost me about £350 all told. Am sure from reports, others have been more than happy with them though, can only report my findings.
OP scottie390 07 Feb 2013
In reply to Patrick803: i appreciate that mate
 Calum Nicoll 07 Feb 2013
In reply to scottie390: Got mine (Trango Extreme Evo's) done by Cheshire Shoe Repairs. A few months later I was on a route in the alps and noticed the sole was coming apart. For the next few days, I had to wear crampons constantly to prevent it getting worse. In a different situation, a sole coming off could easily lead to a very dangerous position. Cheshire shoe repairs - not recommended.

Went to some shoe repair place in Cham (can't remember the name but it's near to the midi lift), they stuck the sole back on for 12 euros, collected them later the same day, been great ever since. Recommended.
 Dee 07 Feb 2013
In reply to scottie390: I had my SPortiva Nepal Extremes resoled at Feet First a few years ago. The sole unit was solidly fixed - no problems there - though I've heard of others (a mountain guide I know) having screws inserted to attach the sole and add additional strength.

My point would be that the shape of the boot can be changed in the resoling process. I found that the boots were no longer comfortable after re-soling, despite trying to break them in again. I sold them on and just about covered the cost of re-soling them.
 Mike P 07 Feb 2013
Feet First in Chesterfield have always done my rock shoes and done a fantastic job, zero or minimum change of shape etc. I also took my summer alpine boots (B3) to them last year and they did a fantastic job on those as well. Spent a lot of time trying to source original mid-soles and outers, when they couldn't they really crafted a repair that has worked fine. If you have an issue with your boots, talk to them and they will help. They will also tell you if something isn't possible or not a good idea.
Lancashire Shoe Repairs. I have to be careful about what I say about them. I contacted Scarpa about a problem with a pair of their B3 boots, they told me to send them to LSR for repair under guarantee. The boots that came back were a disaster! (My physio told me the soles would have wrecked my knees, they were so out of line and uneven.) I rang Scarpa and they said they'd pay for them to be done at Feet First. Fine. Then the Director at LSR rang me at home and railed at me for 20 minutes. He was abusive and threatening and insisted that I had no right to complain to Scarpa. Only personal experience but......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...