UKC

Scarpa Maestro sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ibexguiding 13 May 2021

Hi 

I'm looking at getting the Scarpa Maestros but I'm not sure on the sizing. 

I'm a size 11 in street shoe and a 10/10.5 in my Scarpa Instinct lace but I'm just not sure what size to get the Maestro in. Do I down size or stay at my street shoe size? Any advise from someone who has a pair?

Thanks  

tehmarks 13 May 2021
In reply to ibexguiding:

I wear a UK street shoe size 7 (EU 41), and my Maestros are a size 40 and fit well.

Harry Ellis 13 May 2021
In reply to ibexguiding:

It does rather depend on your foot shape and how snug you want them. I am a 10 street shoe and got 44.5 in Maestros which works for me as a comfy all day trad shoe. If I was wanting them as my “trying hard” shoe I would have gone for a 44.  May be best to try them on if you can get to a shop. If mail ordering maybe buy a couple pairs and send one back ?

rowanbrandreth 13 May 2021
In reply to ibexguiding:

I found them to match the instinct velcro sizing if that help. The Maestros do have a decent amount of stretch in them.

Mical 13 May 2021
In reply to ibexguiding:

I have two pairs one size 10 one size 10.5.

Shoe size is 10. 5

Both fit fine obviously the ten is a bit tighter

But is not an issue. 

Matt Alexander 13 May 2021
In reply to ibexguiding:

I wear size 8 shoes. Size 7 is very tight out the box, but becomes bearable with wear (though never comfortable enough for for all day trad without taking them off at belays).  7.5 is ok straight out the box.

My foot shape matches the profile of the shoe on their website, but I find the discomfort comes from how much my middle toe gets scrunched up.

Kryank 13 May 2021
In reply to ibexguiding:

Hi mate,

im an 11 (46) street shoe, I have Maestros in a 45 along with instinct VSR. They feel great to me, on hot days I still have to take them off after an hour or so though, they edge well and I find them really supportive, I wouldn’t want them any bigger as I think I would loose some of that precision. 

hope that helps

timparkin 14 May 2021
In reply to ibexguiding:

They're a fantastic shoe and I wear the same as I would in Instinct (if they did the size I wanted - 45.5). I wear street shoes in 46... My big toe doesn't "knucle" and that half a size down ensures they fit with a good 'trad' tight but I could wear them for an hour with only a little discomfort feel. 

I managed to onsight a 6c+ at Ratho in them yesterday which I was very happy with!

It should be noted that wearing them without a big toe 'knucle' means a fair bit of extra rubber over the toes as I think they're meant to be worn knuckled. I also have a mid pair which is more flat above the toes. I'm not sure if anybody else gets this. 

Also, I got my normal ones resoled in grip 2

and they're amazing on slab!!

Tim

neuromancer 14 May 2021
In reply to ibexguiding:

I've got to be honest I was disappointed in them. I have 8s and I'm a 9. I wear 6.5 stix, 7.5 instincts. 

I was hoping for support, but I find they've got bugger all. I get knackered calves quickly, but there's no sensitivity to balance this out. They just roll off edges. Much more support in my instincts. 

Johnhi 14 May 2021
In reply to ibexguiding:

I went down a shoe size for a fairly comfy fit 47 - 46, a very slight crimping of the toes. 

In reply to ibexguiding:

I've got a pair of Maestro in 44.5 and was looking at the instinct. The fit on the instincts was exactly the same (tried on back to back with the Maestro) which is the shame as they don't really fit my foot shape. I'll probably sell the maestros on. 

Inhambane 16 May 2021
In reply to ibexguiding:

I have street shoe size and use them for all day multi pitch, I never need to take them off and I feel I can climb fairly hard in them. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...