UKC

SportPursuit - anyone used them?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tall Clare 08 Feb 2012
My boyfriend's recently found this site: http://www.sportpursuit.co.uk/

They seem to do great deals on a lot of sportswear, including outdoor brands like Finisterre, Haglofs, Deuter, Marmot, Montane (here's the full list: http://www.sportpursuit.co.uk/suppliers).

Just wondering if they were as good as they look?

(I know there have been posts on here in the past about outdoor gear suppliers not being quite what they seem, so thought I'd ask about these...)
 Jerry67 08 Feb 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: I got something from them, forget what now. It took a while to arrive, but they do explain this on the site. No complaints.
Jerry
 The New NickB 08 Feb 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Also found them recently. Not used them yet, but interested to hear responses.
 Nick Harvey 08 Feb 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: I got a pair of Vivo shoes and some compression tights from them - no problems at all. Does take a while though as they place the bulk order with the manufacturer after the sale concludes.
 RoK 08 Feb 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Yep used them for a Marmot top and they are fine. Even got a little hand written thank you note

Read their FAQ though, just in case you're in a rush for something. It's all explained on the site.
 crabduck 08 Feb 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: I've used them to get replacements for my AKU boots at a cracking discount. There's not often something on there that I want so it's a case of checking back every week, delivery was exactly when they said and everything went through without a hitch.
 tim000 08 Feb 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: not used them yet but i allways have trouble logging in to there site . i have to reset my password every time . anyone else have this problem? i have e-mailed them but got no reply.
 iksander 08 Feb 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: No problems, but expect to wait weeks for your stuff to come
 alisonk 08 Feb 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: I've used them, got a pair of Scarpas very cheap.

Only thing to watch is the postage can rack up if you order from different suppliers.
 Simon Caldwell 08 Feb 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:
We've used them a few times. Like others have said, make sure you check the estimated despatch dates if you're in a hurry for something.

The only trouble I've had is on a couple of occasions, clicking on a sale has redirected me to the account page - both times they've fixed it quickly (something to do with caching on their server). The other "problem" is that the "remember me" option on the login page doesn't work, you have to log in every visit.
 Flash 08 Feb 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Ordered a couple of bits from them - same story as everyone else: takes a while to come, but does arrive.
 redscotti 09 Feb 2012
I get mailings from them and check the deals every so often. But I've found the 'offers' are usually no better than I can get from other retailers using google searches. When attracted by an offer on SP, I do a search and so far have always found it cheaper elsewhere.

They do some more 'obscure' brands (at least to the UK) tho' that aren't easily available elsewhere. But then I never buy brands I don't know.....
 steelbru 09 Feb 2012
In reply to redscotti:
I recently bought a bulk buy of Nuun Tablets - half MRP, couldn't find that anywhere else.

Never had any problems with the signon, my PC/cookie remembers me no probs.

Delivery generally about 3 weeks, as long as you are aware and not in a rush, then not an issue.

Get a friend to sign-up and order and you get a £5 discount. Also a £5 discount if you like them through Facebook and spend more than £30.

All good for me
 london_huddy 09 Feb 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Had a few bargains from them including some very heavily reduced movement skis! Excellent service and friendly staff- recommended!
 hokkyokusei 09 Feb 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Yes, good deal on some Montane trousers
 sbc_10 09 Feb 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Yep, as above, I've ordered 4 or 5 items and they have all arrived successfully.Savings are typically 50%. Make sure you order the correct colour as I think they post a separate picture if the item has a colour selection. You can pay with PAYPAL as well.
Good service so far......recommended.
 iksander 12 Feb 2012
In reply to iksander: My 2nd order, first bad experience. Their FAQ says "you’ll need to wait a week or two to receive your order" I've waited more than a month. Then they could fulfill my order. They ought say "we can't guarantee your order will be fulfilled and you might have to wait up to 5 weeks to hear from us."

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...