UKC

The future for your 5:10 shoes ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 New Max 05 Oct 2020

I'm getting reports that Since Adidas took over 5:10 the rubber factories making 5:10 stealth c4 and HS in sheet form have been shut down with supply of C4 in particular now completely dry. 

The question is what to do with my on the verge of holing Ansazi pinks? what are people in the same predicament doing to get as close to C4 spec rubber as possible ?

TomYoung 05 Oct 2020
In reply to New Max:

Get them resoled with Unparallel's stuff if you can find a resoler that sells it!

In reply to New Max:
This isn’t just 5:10, I always resole la sportiva and scarpa in C4, best rubber ever made for me. FYI I have had a couple of pairs of Boldrini’s and got them resoled in Boldrini’s own formula rubber which I have found to be excellent. I note they’re still listing C4 as an option for resole also

paul

Cobra_Head 05 Oct 2020
In reply to New Max:

Oh! no, I've always had my Mad Rock Frenzys resoled with C4, which I've always found very reliable.

Paul Evans 05 Oct 2020
In reply to New Max:

That's a shame - got my last pair of US manufactured pinks resoled by Cheshire (although I note they use HF stealth - whatever that is - not C4). Anyway, they did an excellent job and they feel great. I was going to buy a new pair of pinks until I read the reviews, and decided not to bother....

RR 05 Oct 2020
In reply to TomYoung:

Yes right, some unparalleled rubber has better specs then the old C4. It feels like the “new” c4 is made of old tiers to me. 

If anyone knows a resoler on the continent that is applying it unparalleled Please let me know 

Post edited at 21:13
 remus Global Crag Moderator 06 Oct 2020
In reply to TomYoung:

> Get them resoled with Unparallel's stuff if you can find a resoler that sells it!

Feet First in chesterfield have unparallel rubber available as an option.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...