UKC

Where can I buy rock shoe soles?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
anonymous123 23 Apr 2018

Looking to repair my own shoes as I can't afford to get them repaired (might as well buy new ones for the cost). Can anyone recommend some rubber soles? Not so keen on the 5.10 repair kit as it's too pricey. Cheers. 

Fiona Reid 24 Apr 2018
In reply to anonymous123:

This got asked a long time back, see https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/gear/climbing_shoe_spare_rubber-502659#x6... 

Basically it looks like you'll need a trade account to buy the rubber sheets in the UK.

The link below is to a German website which appears to sell the rubber sheets however I suspect by the time you factor in shipping it could be pretty expensive. 

https://www.extremtextil.de/en/vibram-climbing-sole-sheet-xs-grip-2-7520-5m...

Jon Greengrass 24 Apr 2018

I used www.extremtextil.de, the shipping was expensive, but offset by buying enough to resole and re-rand 4-5 pairs.   I'll put up some pictures of the work in progress if I can work out how to upload from an Ipad?

anonymous123 25 Apr 2018
In reply to Fiona Reid: 

Thanks. Very expensive for even the small sheets of rubber. What a world we live in. Hmmm, it seems to be cheaper to just buy new shoes. 

anonymous123 25 Apr 2018
In reply to Jon Greengrass:

Maybe not worth it considering I'd be likely to do a botch job anyway.

Andy Gamisou 26 Apr 2018

> Maybe not worth it considering I'd be likely to do a botch job anyway.

FWIW where I live there was a guy who (supposedly) knew what he was doing with regards rock shoe repairs; got some re-soled and they lasted about 3 routes before the soles started coming off.  Take from that what you will...

Crazy that it's just as cheap to get new ones (if you keep an eye on end of line sales, etc) as it is to get resoles - looks like a proper job can set you back best part of 50 quid once you factor in p&p.

Post edited at 03:29

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...