UKC

Atholl stalking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 th5th 17 Sep 2022

I was hoping to head up from Glen Tilt to An Sgarsoch and Carn an Fhidleir this weekend via the Tarf Hotel.

The penny dropped earlier that it's well into stalking season now. The Atholl estates hillphone says stalking starts on the 15th August 2022...I have emailed them but don't really expect a reply today.

Does anyone happen to have any more up to date information about access?

Lesser question, is leaving my car in the Glen Tilt car park overnight possible? (given I won't be in it, which seems to be what most landowners object to)

Thanks!

In reply to th5th:

Remember there is usually no.  stalking on Sundays. Most estates might also take  this Monday off

kinley2 17 Sep 2022
In reply to th5th:

We left our car at the Bridge of Tilt car park in May for an overnight camp on Beinn a Ghlo.

There was no signage to discourage that. I think, from memory the signage asks for no overnight camper vans/camping in the car park.

I've noticed that change in wording in a few places now.

Not sure if the Red House Bothy on the Geldie is now open - access to Sgarsoch and Fhidhleir has no stalking issues in the Mar Lodge Estate.

Post edited at 14:42
 Welsh Kate 17 Sep 2022
In reply to kinley2:

Believe that the Red House isn't open yet, though not far off.

OP th5th 18 Sep 2022
In reply to th5th:

Thanks all. I headed up with a back up plan but had no issues. As kinley says, no overnighting campervans.

The weather was not what I hoped mind!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...