UKC

Edale (again)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stayfreejc 12 Apr 2018

Hi all. I am off to the Peak this weekend for an overnighter in the Edale area. I usually park around the Stanage area and have never had a problem, but want to park a bit closer to Kinder this time. I checked the main Edale car park and they have a 24 hour payment option. Is this the maximum time you can stay or are you able to pay for two days? I am just concerned that I will be away from my car for over 24 hours so don't want to to get a ticket. Sorry if this has been done to death but I cannot find any concrete answers on this. Alternatively, are their any other 24 hour plus parking areas? Cheers 

rogersavery 12 Apr 2018
In reply to stayfreejc:

Park on the road going towards Jacobs ladder - it’s free

OP stayfreejc 12 Apr 2018
In reply to rogersavery:

Is that the Barber Booth area?

climber34neil 12 Apr 2018
In reply to stayfreejc:

Drive from edale to barber booth, big layby on the left , park there for free , and have a lovely weekend!

OP stayfreejc 12 Apr 2018
In reply to climber34neil:

Excellent! Thanks very much. Hopefully the weather will be ok. First time on Kinder so I'm looking forward to it. 

ChrisJD 12 Apr 2018
In reply to stayfreejc:

Just be aware that this layby is a known car break-in location.

Also been a number of front ends of cars (bonnets, lights etc) being stolen in the Peak at the mo.  Corsa and Golfs being targeted it seems. AKA Corsa Cannibals - google it.

e.g.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/car-bodywork-stripped-pub-park-142176...

Post edited at 17:10
OP stayfreejc 13 Apr 2018
In reply to ChrisJD:

Ah ok thanks for the heads up! 

OP stayfreejc 16 Apr 2018
In reply to stayfreejc:

Well that was fun. Got spectacularly lost on Kinder plateau in driving rain and no visibility. I ascended via ringing roger and lost the edge path. Ended up just following my compass north through the bog until I hit the northern path then followed that to the pennine way. Spent a nice night camping up their though. All in all it was a great experience. 

In reply to stayfreejc:

Sounds like fun, & nothing too unusual for Kinder!

Dave the Rave 17 Apr 2018
In reply to stayfreejc:

Cracking! Not been there for a bit. Ringing Roger is near Swines Back? We bivied by the Pennine Way 19 years or so back. With quite a hangover me and whisky Dave woke in the morning to the sound of sawing. On investigation it turned out to be a local park warden sawing a foot plate off the access across a wire fence . ‘We are getting too many deckers complaining that it is slippy’. He joined us for a cup of early morning whisky tea and we enjoyed the sight of a female Hen Harrier. Happy daze .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...