UKC

Altguish Hotel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pids 21 Dec 2023

The plan is to do a bit of MTBing and maybe use the Altguish as a base - however due to finances it may be that we stick a tent up nearby (taking it down in the mornings etc) and use the hotel for evening meals and beer - assume they dont get arsey about this?

I know its on the dreaded NC500 so how busy will it be in May?

Graeme G 21 Dec 2023
In reply to Pids:

> The plan is to do a bit of MTBing and maybe use the Altguish as a base - however due to finances it may be that we stick a tent up nearby (taking it down in the mornings etc) and use the hotel for evening meals and beer - assume they dont get arsey about this?

Don't know.

> I know it’s on the dreaded NC500 so how busy will it be in May?

Very

DaveHK 21 Dec 2023
In reply to Pids:

> The plan is to do a bit of MTBing and maybe use the Altguish as a base - however due to finances it may be that we stick a tent up nearby (taking it down in the mornings etc) and use the hotel for evening meals and beer - assume they dont get arsey about this?

How close is nearby? I'm not aware of camping being tolerated there like it is near some hotels. I'm also not aware of many decent spots nearby. No issue if you're out of sight obviously.

> I know its on the dreaded NC500 so how busy will it be in May?

The road will be busy but the business dies down massively by 6pm ish. Available roadside camping/vanning spots get taken fairly quickly.

ScraggyGoat 21 Dec 2023
In reply to Pids:

Pedant alert, it’s not on the NC500, but that is immaterial really as the road is busy. I know of no discreet spots nearby, but that doesn’t mean there are non.

Arcturus 21 Dec 2023
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

Pedant alert : it’s none not non.

Fat Bumbly 2.0 21 Dec 2023
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

Lorry traffic in the night when the freight ferry comes in, otherwise it's not too bad.   

colb 21 Dec 2023
In reply to Pids:

Had a meal there couple of years ago. A couple of folk we met were camping up towards the dam. There's a track to a small plantation there and can't see any reasonable objection to someone camping there overnight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...