UKC

Approximate fingers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Johnson 01 Feb 2024

Just back from Tesco where a noticed boxes of frozen Tesco Plant Chef Veg Fingers prominently marked as containing "approx 16" fingers. How does this work? Do they top the box up with bits to make.up the pack weight? Or do factory-made veg fingers have so much weight variablity that they can do it with whole fingers? The box had a marked weight and that e symbol.

Anyway I thought that quantum mechanics proved that veg/fish fingers can only exist in definite, whole amounts?

Post edited at 18:03
 minimike 01 Feb 2024
In reply to Andy Johnson:

Maybe they make them from these.. uncertain how many limbs, let alone fingers!

Stichtplate 01 Feb 2024

> Anyway I thought that quantum mechanics proved that veg/fish fingers can only exist in definite, whole amounts?

Schrodinger's fingers?

OP Andy Johnson 01 Feb 2024
In reply to Stichtplate:

Heisenberg's Uncertainty Fingers

(maybe...)

mountainbagger 01 Feb 2024

> Just back from Tesco where a noticed boxes of frozen Tesco Plant Chef Veg Fingers prominently marked as containing "approx 16" fingers. How does this work? Do they top the box up with bits to make.up the pack weight? Or do factory-made veg fingers have so much weight variablity that they can do it with whole fingers? The box had a marked weight and that e symbol.

> Anyway I thought that quantum mechanics proved that veg/fish fingers can only exist in definite, whole amounts?

Sounds like it's just a finger in the air estimate

Hooo 01 Feb 2024

Maybe they've had a run of accidents at the packing plant and packs may contain extra (non-vegetarian) fingers or other body parts?

McHeath 01 Feb 2024

It‘ll get sorted. I did hear that some manufacturers of vegetarian convenience foods were having problems converting production to digital.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...