UKC

Avian-friendly climbers living near Watford?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Colin Knowles 25 Apr 2022

I'm looking to contact any climbers in the Watford/Hemel/St Albans area who would like to use their rope skills to support a wildlife research project in Watford

Ideally I would like to find three climbers who could work together on this project. This year it would require two evenings of involvement in late May. 

Due to sensitivities around protected species unfortunately I can't be more specific in this forum, but if you are interested in further information please contact me at colinrichardknowles@gmail.com.

CantClimbTom 25 Apr 2022
In reply to Colin Knowles:

You may wish to widen your search (if not already) to include arborists and roped access, whose skills may be as well... if not better placed if ropes+trees are involved in your ask. Hope your work goes well!

OP Colin Knowles 26 Apr 2022
In reply to CantClimbTom:

Thanks! Is there an Arborist's equivalent to UKC Forums?

Jamie Wakeham 26 Apr 2022

I'm the one who suggested to Colin that he try asking here, and having discussed it with him I know what is required.  I'll just comment that, as far as I understand it, any climber with reasonable outdoor experience would be able to do what is needed. 

I'd have done it myself but it's not terribly local and I am flat out with work!

The suggestion of arborists is also a good one - although this doesn't involve any trees, they would also have the skills required, so Colin, you could try http://arbtalk.co.uk

kmsands 27 Apr 2022

My Dad used to be a scout commissioner in the area - he'll probably know of a few local climbers who do instructing with the scouts, so I've sent this on to him to pass on.

Moacs 27 Apr 2022

I'm near there.  Will pm you

mondite 27 Apr 2022

Might be worth trying  the Hatfield uni wall to see if either some of their part time instructors or the uni club members would be up for it.

Post edited at 17:51

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...