UKC

China's Slow Motion Uyghur Genocide (1 hour talk)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 13 Jul 2020

Awareness of what happens to other people is essential, if anything is to be done, in the internet age it's easier than ever to become informed. 

youtube.com/watch?v=fUTUVxw7VXc&

From the link:

Whether it's harvesting 13 tons of hair or halal organ harvesting, the Chinese Communist Party is waging a slow motion genocide on millions of Uyghurs in Xinjiang,. Joining us today is Arslan Hidayat, an Australian Uighur rights activist, who runs the most popular Uighur based facebook page in English called Talk East Turkestan. He’s also the General Secretary of the newly-formed ‘Uyghur Revival Association’ an organization that sheds light on the Uyghur’s plight committed by the Chinese Communist Party.” Follow Arslan www.uyghurra.org @arslan_hidayat @Talk East Turkestan.

Peace to all...

Post edited at 06:13
OP Timmd 13 Jul 2020
In reply to Timmd:

www.uyghurra.org 

Is currently under construction.

veteye 13 Jul 2020
In reply to Timmd:

I wondered where you had picked up on this from originally: From your job or background perhaps? So I looked on your profile, but there is absolutely nothing on there.

You have no details filled in. Nothing about your climbing, or your philosophy, or your other interests. What do you climb, or have you climbed? What is your favourite crag/rock type/climb? 

This is not an overall complaint of negativity, though it could be that. It is a genuine interest in knowing who you are. I know something of whom you are, from your stance in various threads, but it would be good to know a reasonable amount more about you. How about filling some of the stuff in? 

Post edited at 07:11
OP Timmd 13 Jul 2020
In reply to veteye:

I can't remember why emptied my profile, I shall rectify that. 

I picked it up by going down a youtube wormhole, it was on the left just before I reemerged.  

Some guys who are friends with one of the Canadian people called Michael being held prisoner by China (on made up espionage charges) in a tit for tat move for the Huawei executive not being released were on it, and I stumbled across their youtube channels a while ago, which is how I found this channel.

Post edited at 07:23
 veteye 13 Jul 2020
In reply to Timmd:

Thank you for the explanation. I don't have time for that sort of use of the computer/phone. In fact I should not be on here much at all, but it keeps something of my sanity.

LeeWood 13 Jul 2020
In reply to Timmd:

Thanks for posting - this is one of numerous issues we are apt to forget unless someone maintains consciousness. 

In an earlier thread I discussed ethical problems with Jeff Besos and suggested we boycott Amazon trade - which is feasible; can we also boycott trade with China - prefer goods from elsewhere ?

It's worthy of not that the Uyghur genocide is enabled with de-humanised software systems incl Artificial Intelligence - using facial recognition; the systems give all people a social rating for their behaviour - and on this basis selects - on a points score - who should be imprisoned.

OP Timmd 13 Jul 2020
In reply to veteye:

laowhy86 serpentza and ADVChina are three channels related to the 2 guys with the Canadian friend, though they are not news channels, more the youtube musings of two people who lived there for ten years or more and intended to stay before realising they'd never be secure and find stability there, quite interesting for the cultural insights (they have Chinese wives and extended families) and differences observed between what China can tell the world about certain things or give the impression of, and what is actually happening. 

With it being a country which is on the rise in certain ways, I've recently got drawn into wanting to know more in thinking it's probably useful to try to find out what is going on. 

Post edited at 08:06
OP Timmd 13 Jul 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> Thanks for posting - this is one of numerous issues we are apt to forget unless someone maintains consciousness. 

> In an earlier thread I discussed ethical problems with Jeff Besos and suggested we boycott Amazon trade - which is feasible; can we also boycott trade with China - prefer goods from elsewhere ?

Japan and Taiwan are good sources of electronics apparently, but shipping things via Vietnam could be a route for China to circumvent people boycotting them, but there's obviously nothing wrong with buying from those two countries anyway.

> It's worthy of not that the Uyghur genocide is enabled with de-humanised software systems incl Artificial Intelligence - using facial recognition; the systems give all people a social rating for their behaviour - and on this basis selects - on a points score - who should be imprisoned.

Yes, there's men with CCP links who go and live in Uyghur family homes to spy on them, and there's nothing they can do about it, too, all sorts of things.

Post edited at 08:10
Removed User 13 Jul 2020
In reply to Timmd:

Most Japanese and Taiwanese finished goods are manufactured in China.

In fact most of the imported stuff you buy is manufactured partly or wholly in China.

FactorXXX 13 Jul 2020
In reply to Removed User:

> In fact most of the imported stuff you buy is manufactured partly or wholly in China.

and a lot of stuff manufactured in the UK/EU is made from components imported from China.

veteye 13 Jul 2020
In reply to Timmd:

I'm curious as to why in your next to last post, that you got a dislike, and similar ones are seen higher up.  (I probably got several dislikes as I queried your lack of profile, which is probably more to be anticipated.)

LeeWood 13 Jul 2020
In reply to veteye:

> I'm curious as to why in your next to last post, that you got a dislike, and similar ones are seen higher up. 

I suspect ppl don't like the confrontation with suffering - and even less the notion that they should boycott their 'right' to purchase cheap goods.

OP Timmd 14 Jul 2020
In reply to veteye: I find the dislikes inexplicable, and I don't think about them.

Pekkie 15 Jul 2020
In reply to veteye:

> I'm curious as to why in your next to last post, that you got a dislike, and similar ones are seen higher up.  (I probably got several dislikes as I queried your lack of profile, which is probably more to be anticipated.)

In the past, controversial subjects seem to have attracted the attention of supporters of dubious regimes who flood a debate with dislikes & propaganda. Maybe the words 'Uyghur genocide' have flashed a warning light somewhere?

Offwidth 16 Jul 2020
In reply to Timmd:

Unless someone tells us, no-one has the faintest why a dislike occurs ... could be a slip of the fingers or a sign of support: disliking what's happening in China. Thanks for the thread in any case. 

I disagree with veteye.. your profile content is your business and nothing to do with this serious issue.

Post edited at 06:52

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...